“Peaceful Getaway on the Central Coast”

Best Western Plus Big America
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I often travel past Santa Maria but this time I decided I would stop and learn more about this town and what it offers. This Best Western was a great find as it is in a quiet part of town and provided a nice comfortable room with amenities. Since I am a Diamond Elite member I was fortunate to be automatically upgraded to a suite and that was a welcomed surprise. Bed was excellent and lots of pillows. Everything looked nice and was very clean. I highly recommend this as a nice place on the Central Coast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon K
BW_Santa_Maria, Manager at Best Western Plus Big America, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Jon K,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you decided to stop in Santa Maria. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was nice, clean, and the bathroom / dressing area was very roomy. Plenty of towels. The beds were not bad, but I have slept in better. The breakfast was so-so. The staff is professional, and very nice. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kelly A,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall our stay at the hotel was excellent, right when we arrive the staff of the hotel was very nice and helpful. The room was good exced my espectations. I would retrun to these hotel because the staff was very helpful. when I ask to the front desk clerk for directions to an especifi restaurant he gave me directions, plus the ladies that were working in the breakfast time were very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear aztec72,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the room you stayed in exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is a nice looking hotel , but they allow dogs and apparently in every room because we had 2 rooms in our party and both smelled of dog and cigarette , especially the mini suite , luckily I carry lysol spray with me so every time I came in I sparyed .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise F
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Never thought that a Super 8 could be this nice. I was on my motorcycle. The bed was so comfortable that I wanted to take it with me. The service, the motel and everything was superb about this place. I was really surprised that a Super 8 could so good. When my friend told me that Super 8 was where we were staying I had doubts that it would be anything good. But it was!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Murray G
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2013

best location on central coast. central to going anywhere. 30 minutes to slo or solvang. 15 minutes to pismo beach. good on site restaraunt. quiet location on broadway. 5 minutes to mall for shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW_Santa_Maria, Manager at Best Western Plus Big America, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments on our proximity to different areas. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

You'll be pleased with the size and cleanliness of these rooms. Bath products are organic, a plus, and the fridge and microwave are welcome and clean. Spacious and accommodating, little things like a clean remote is appreciated. Quick check in and ample parking made this a good sell. I will use this as my usual place to stay. This beats Fairfield Marriott. Bed is great.

Room Tip: Top floor away from concession.