All reviews breakfast and dinner small kitchenette rooms are huge housekeeping staff pismo beach off the highway short drive full kitchen would stay again great customer service stayed one night coffee maker bed was very comfortable microwave television stopover santa
Reviewed October 11, 2018

Stayed here a couple nights while we got away from Los Angeles and its traffic.
Convenient location and only a short drive from IHOP (for breakfast).
Parking was very good and always available.
Room was spacious and clean.
Only minor negative was slow lift and that it was out of service one morning. But there is a second lift (escalator) at the rear of the building which we were able to use.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BenS6169
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

From reading all the reviews I would give it at B. It is super on and off the freeway. Based on the price and our experience it is not a B but a C. Front desk is under staffed. Rooms are clean. Water pressure for showers is poor and knob for shower is just outright strange but it is new. Faucet in kitchen area is nearly broken, very hard to turn on and off. Light system is very strange. There is a light switch which controls the plugs, but the best I can tell it is timed to switch off after a period of time making it difficult to charge iPhones and iPads. We travel close to 25000 miles a year and based on our experience, this is over priced. Since my mother-in-law has moved to Santa Maria we will be visiting two or three times a year but will try a different hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Hi James W,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part your visit here in Santa Maria, CA. We're grateful that you've chosen the Holiday Inn to host you.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. Though it made me smile that you were satisfied as to how we keep our rooms clean, I'm sorry that you felt this is the last we'll be having you here. I read that you were underwhelmed with the room amenities, our location, water pressure, and our front office manpower. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as perfectly as planned, James W.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Nice hotel, good restaurant, dog friendly. There was a discrepancy with our bill and they researched and resolved it before we got home. Hotel is near shopping, we needed cold medicine and a pharmacy was easy to find. The whole experience was refreshingly very good!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We picked this hotel based on location to the highway as we were driving from San Francisco to LA. It was cheap and we managed to get 2 bedrooms and it met our expectations.

It was a bit dated and could do with a lick of paint, but we didn’t spend much time as it was just to sleep in before we continued early the next day.

Not sure I would stay here for an extended period.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Hi Melissa G,

We value your comments and welcome you as our guest. I am glad to know you chose to stay with us during your recent trip. We are indeed close to a lot of areas and I am happy you found this beneficial. We also make sure our rates are catered to our guests needs.

Although I am sorry that our rooms did not meet your expectations because we always strive to please our guests during their stay. I know how rooms can be an abode away from home, please know that your comments are noted to help us better the accommodation we offer.

Thank you again for the review. Our team is looking forward to accommodating your stay again in the future.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 20, 2018

The room was clean and spacious. There is a microwave and refrigerator, TV remote wasn't standard. Bathroom was a little shabby. They did provide a card on how the shower turned on. The card was a good idea. It was a really good shower. They probably need an instruction card for the coffee maker. The hotel was quiet. The cafe is open for breakfast and dinner. They were a bit service challenged. Front desk staff and housekeeping staff were pleasant and nice.

Date of stay: August 2018