Radisson Hotel Santa Maria
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$117
TripAdvisor
Fountain Motel(Santa Maria)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall airportlocal airportairport runwayfun to watchbreakfast buffetcorner suitenice hotelrooms are cleanbusiness trippleasant staybusiness centerwould stay here againsmall refrigeratorcar showcentral coastpismo beachhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2012

In it's day, it might have been nicer. It was showing it's age. The rooms were smaller than usual, the balcony even smaller. There was only enough room for one chair and a small table. I paid extra for the balcony overlooking the pool, don't bother. Most rooms that over look the pool are walled in and you have to stand to see it. The atrium area was nice if you wanted to read a book, it was QUIET. I liked the lounge, you could order food to go or eat there. The music was a pleasant surprise. The food and drink prices were a good value. I would stay here again, but not pay for the balcony pool view.

Room Tip: don't pay extra for the balcony rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Suniday50,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our dinning facilities during your stay and that you appreciated the quite relaxing atmosphere we strive to provide for our guests here at the Radisson Hotel Santa Maria. However I do apologize that you were not more satisfied with your balcony view during your stay and we hope that next time you visit you will be more pleased with your accommodations. We very much appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again when you travel back to the area, thank you!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently had a 5 day event at the Radisson and spent several peaking planning it - speaking and dealing with staff. Once my event started, at any given time, there were 51 participants in my group who was at the hotel 24/7. The hotel met all of our needs. Their staff was friendly, effective and efficient. The hotel was very clean, warm and inviting. The food was great. This is by far, the #1 hotel in Santa Maria. Trust me, I live in Santa Maria and I know the offerings of all hotels here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Although my stay, from Nov 8th (Thu) to Nov 11th (Sun), was a corporate arrangement, the quality of my stay here was excellent. The hotel is conveniently located by Santa Maria Airport (SMX), and the drive from the airport rental car lot to the hotel took only a minute. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by the front desk staff who had already prepared the paperwork and my room keys. Check-in was a breeze and soon I found myself in a single room on the 4th floor with a balcony facing the hotel atrium. The room was very clean and bed is very large and comfortable. The only improvement I would suggest is to provide pillows of different softness, as all pillows provided were rather soft and I had to stack two pillows together. Saturday was my free day to venture around the area. As this was my first visit to the central coastal area of Cali, I approached the front desk for travel advice. Karen, Director of Sales, was very friendly and gave a list of recommended things to do in the area and an area map.
Breakfast at the atrium cafe, which is included in my room rate, was a buffet style breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, bread, fruits etc. The selection could improve a bit but the overall quality was very satisfactory.

Just wanted to add one note that can be improved. Saturday night there was a wedding reception on first floor. Throughout the night there were kids running around the floor making noises, and the people sitting in the atrium were so loud that I could hear them through the balcony door even though it was completely shut.

I am very pleased by the hospitality and the quality of the hotel and will definitely consider it for future travel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Alfred T,
Wow! thank you for such a great in depth review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and we have noted your recommendations you brought to our attention as well. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the area, Thank you!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times when I head into town to visit family. Overall it's a clean hotel. I try to get the corner suite that has a patio/seating area where I can sit outside and admire all the planes at the airport. Although some of the patio furniture can be updated. They have a decent brunch in the morning if you need to grab a quick breakfast. Overall I'd recommend this place if you're looking for a room on this end of town (Orcutt) that's clean and has professional staff. And you gotta love the sleep number beds!!!!

Room Tip: Corner Suite, has balcony and seating with a table. And a separate living area from the bedroom
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here at the Radisson many times. Very comfortable. Enjoy the jacuzzi, exercise room and our rooms have had various views, always comfortable and spacious. Close by to Orcutt for a nice breakfast or dinner in Nipoma. This is our base to go wine tasting up to SLO, Paso or Santa Maria wine trail. Sunday morning they ave brunch with live music, very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on airport side even though not too busy but beautiful view. Actually all rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Nancy,
Thank you so much for the great review! I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the wonderful wine country that our surrounding areas offer.We have been renovating the hotel over the past months and we are delighted that you noticed all of our efforts. We are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!