“Served it's purpose”

Radisson Hotel Santa Maria
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel was rather souless but was clean. The room was spacious but rather dull. It felt in a safe location as Santa Maria was a strange place with no town centre. The bar lacked atmosphere. Visit Pismo Beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife's Toastmasters organization had a business weekend here, so I tagged along. I spent most of the time in the hotel. We had room service breakfast one day, which was delivered hot and on-time. While my wife was in her business meeting I hung out in the lobby and by the pool getting caught up on my email and Facebook.

Friday and Saturday evening were very relaxing in the louge sipping quality wine at a reasonable price, while listening and dancing to a great live band.

The weekend was topped off with an elegant brunch consisting of everything under the sun - custom made omelettes and eggs, fresh seafood, a mountain of fresh fruit, dessert galore, and anything else our hearts desired. Of course there was complimentary champagne.

The staff is super friendly and willing to do what they need to do to make your stay enjoyable. As far as I'm concerned, this is the only place to stay in Santa Maria and the only place to have brunch on Sunday.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and have Sleep Number beds.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Santa Maria! I am glad you were able to enjoy our facility with all the amenity we offer. We are looking forward to have the Toastmaster back at the hotel!

Reviewed March 24, 2011

We had a great time at the Radisson. The staff was very nice and the service was great!!! We had a very nice view. It was a relaxing weekend. If you are there on a Sunday try their brunch it was fantastic!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your stay with us.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotels Santa Maria, we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed January 7, 2011

In the morning, I was woken up to hammers hammering away RIGHT ABOVE me. They're doing roofing work with guests trying to sleep right under it! Getting good rest is crucial to my job, and I complained to the general manager. He treated my complaint like an annoyance, and then even had the rudeness to tell me that it was MY FAULT that I didn't request a quiet room when I checked in!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! Apparently when staying at the Radisson, you have to ask for a room that won't have construction going that's going to wake you up. To make matters worse, I called the corporate customer service line, and when they had spoken to the GM, they told me the GM had denied that he had ever said that. LIAR!!! Do you want to stay at a hotel that is managed like this?

Oh, and by the way, even when the construction is over, don't expect to get good rest. I had the do not disturb sign on my door, and housekeeping STILL knocked on it to see if I was in there! (this is way before check out time btw).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank freqflyer11
Frenchie174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

We do understand that every guest have their own needs. We try to accommodate them and to provide a positive experience. It is with regret we were unable to succeed in this rare situation.
It is correct that the guest was awakened by noise from the roof around 9am. He calls the front desk; the agent apologizes and offers to switch rooms. He did not want to do that and hung up. He calls back 30 minutes later and asks to talk to the General Manager. I apologize for the noise and again offer to switch rooms. He says he planned to sleep until noon and could not do that anymore. He says he was a pilot and needed his rest. (He checks in the hotel at 11pm the day before). At that point I made the suggestion that when a guest (pilot) plans to sleep late; they usually inform the front desk at check –in and we let housekeeping know and other departments to keep noise at a minimum during the day. I did not say it was his fault, I just told him this because he would not stop saying that he needed to sleep and when offered a solution he did not want it. He then proceeded to tell me that if tonight while flying his plane, something happens and the plane crashes with the passengers that it will be my fault. That is when I terminated the call.
He did not have the “do not disturb” sign on his door showing, he had the service sign! After the housekeeper knocked on the door, he said he didn’t want service. The housekeeper turned the sign over to the do not disturb.
Jean-luc Garon

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Husband and I traveled from Seattle for his brother's funeral service, so it wasn't a 'fun' trip, but the hotel's amenities and location made it more enjoyable than I'd expected the visit would be.

Three minute's walk from the airport (very handy for our return home), noise from the planes (mostly small jets) almost nonexistent on the 'street' side, even barely noticeable from the restaurant--overlooking the runways, and the hotel was lovely. The lobby was spacious and welcoming and the room was large and comfortable, with Sleep Number beds that made it easy to nod off (I often have trouble at home getting to sleep). Our room was just past the door onto the balcony corridor, which overlooked a perfectly lovely pool and spa--nestled between the two wings of rooms--which unfortunately we didn't get to use.

The atrium with bistro and water features was peaceful and very attractive and perfect for breakfast, either served or from the buffet; I even got my bacon done the way I like it--so that it 'snaps' if pressed upon; I almost never order bacon in restaurants because I can't convince the cooks I really DO want it burnt. But it was perfect, and Amanda was the most cheerful, helpful, and friendly server I've ever had the good fortune to encounter; definitely a real asset to the hotel. And the formal restaurant--just past the buffet counter--was a calm, relaxing retreat even though just off the busy atrium space.

We used their key-coded business center for online flight check-in and printing our boarding passes, making airport check-in the next day very smooth; really appreciated that service. The front desk promptly and professionally deal with several requests we made (for local newspapers, location of hotel amenities, etc.) and, again, had very pleasant employees manning the desk.

This is the fifth or sixth Radisson we've stayed in, and I now ask my travel agent for this chain as our first choice when planning trips. Good accommodations, good food, good service ... an overall first-rate facility.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Santa Maria while attending a local car show. We have stayed at this hotel two other times. We have always enjoyed our stay. The rooms are clean. The sleep number beds are weird. We would have been ok with a regular bed. I do wish that hotels would double pillowcase the pillows and replace worn towels. The front desk staff, housekeeping staff and servers in the breakfast buffet were great. Very polite and helpful. We like attending the Bent Axles car show every year and staying at the Radisson with all of our friends. See you next year...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Pros:
1. Quiest - though overlooks small airport, no airport noise
2. Friendly and quick check-in
3. Sleep number bed

Cons:
1. Not enough electrical connections (one outlet below desk had a mult-plug attachment, but was already overloaded with in room-appliances and lamps)
2. Early 1980s TV (old Philips tube-type, volume would only decrease to a point, and many channels had bad reception) and clock radio
3. Furniture, curtains, bedding were worn/tired

Summary:
Adequate for a very brief business trip.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank DPBird