“Lovely historical hotel with the friendliest staff ever!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Santa Maria Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Clarkdale, Arizona
“Lovely historical hotel with the friendliest staff ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

If it's just myself I stay in the older, historical, original section. Rooms are smaller and feel "comfy" and some have balconies. Due to age and lack of modern soundproofing it can get a little noisy (hearing people walk down the halls, talking, etc.). If I'm sharing the room with someone I stay in the modern tower because rooms are considerably larger. All staff members are oh-so friendly and helpful. I love the beauty of their Garden Room Restaurant which overlooks a gorgeous, expansive courtyard. Their foods are quite good and they sell Starbucks coffee in the lobby. The grounds are impeccable with trees, flowering plants, water fountains. Rooms are well maintained and very clean. Parking is ample and free. I love this hotel for many reasons and will always stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrea11911
HistoricManager, Manager at Santa Maria Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
WONDERFUL! Thank you kindly for such a lovely review. We appreciate you letting us know the minor flaws of the Original Inn section and agree that the rooms in the tower are much larger. We also agree that we have great staff! They are a huge reason that guests like you come back and stay with us time after time!
We look forward to seeing you next time!

Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Orchard Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed here for a night while traveling in the area. I had stayed previously so I had and idea of what to expect staying in the older part of the hotel. I chose it because I thought it was reliable. It was noisy, a little too minimalistic with amenities, and had an old tired feel and aroma. I have stayed at other places in town as well and will go someplace else next time, considering they cost less.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank livin2travel
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your most recent stay. We are so sorry to hear that you were less than pleased. We are constantly updating the property, but welcome all feedback openly.
We are sure that you can find better deals in town, but can guarantee that they will not be full service hotels such as ours.
We do that you will consider trying the hotel again.
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Santa Maria Inn. Our room was upgraded to a suite w/living area and two EXTREMELY comfortable king beds. The rooms are clean and crisp and the amenities are delightful. Everyone at the hotel is friendly and accommodating. The historic décor is beautiful. We would highly recommend staying at the Santa Maria Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and rose garden are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HistoricManager, Manager at Santa Maria Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for that wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a family reunion. It was full of ambiance. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. My kids had a great time. We went ghost hunting at night in the older part of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was also tasty and they serve Starbucks coffee....yay! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JJMD2002
HistoricManager, Manager at Santa Maria Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay when you were in town for a family reunion. Yes, having Starbucks is a HUGE plus that our guests really appreciate!
We look forward to seeing you again!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I enjoyed my brief stay at the Santa Maria Inn. It's a great value. I stayed in the "traditional" (i.e. older) side of the hotel. The room was small, but they fit a tremendous amount of very nice, functional, furniture into the space. Honestly, the only complaint I would have about the room is the lack of soundproofing around the door (I could hear everything out in the hallway, and I could hear everything in the rooms I passed when I was walking down the hallway). However, the bed was so comfortable that I slept through all of the noise that may have been out there. And I couldn't hear a peep from the rooms next door to me.

The hotel layout is a little confusing, but the staff is happy to show you the way. There's a nice little restaurant and coffee bar onsite, as well as a variety of other shops. I also loved the amenities - the bath products provided were fantastic! I don't usually use hotel shampoos/lotions, but I absolutely loved the lotion provided by this hotel. I stayed over a Saturday night, and ended up with an entire Sunday paper at my door the next morning. Most hotels don't provided papers on the weekend, and I greatly appreciated the small touches like that.

Overall, this place isn't perfect, but it's a great historic hotel at a wonderful value!

Room Tip: Traditional rooms are in the historic part of the hotel, and are rather small and somewhat noisy due...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
What a wonderfully detailed review of your stay! Thank you so much for all the kind words! We agree, our beds are SO amazing! We get so many positive reviews about them, that we even started selling them! We also agree about the bathroom products, they are great!
We really appreciate you mentioning to us that the door could use better sound proofing, we will make sure to let our engineering department know of this.

We hope to see you in the next time you are in our area!
Whittier Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have been here many times. It is no frills and dependable. The rooms are comfortable and clean. We like to stay in the older part, close to the pool. The gardens are beautiful and well kept. It's a pleasure to enjoy the roses and other flowers while sitting at the pool. The downstairs wine bar is comfortable and has a good selection of local vintages. Another plus is that Shaw's Steakhouse is across the street. They have a great tri-tip and early bird specials.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the older section near the pool and gardens
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay. We are so glad that you continuously enjoy yourselves! Reviews like yours are always our favorite to read, nothing makes us happier than hearing that our repeat guests always enjoy their time with us!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at the Santa Maria Inn. We had one of the 2nd floor King Suites, and for the price, it was a great deal. When you come to this hotel, remember that is a historic building, so it is older. It is not like staying in a top of the line Marriott, but it is beautiful. It is not a cookie-cutter hotel, so if that is what you are looking for, you should go elsewhere, but if you enjoy older hotels that have been kept up, and are a very good value, then you should consider this one. The beds are very good, it is clean, and best of all, it has character. It's courtyard is beautiful. It has a nice gym, and nice pool.

Room Tip: We choose a corner king suite on the 2nd floor. If you ask for one of those, they come with a balco...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank salupm1
HistoricManager, Manager at Santa Maria Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you SO much for that wonderful review! We appreciate all the positive things you had to say about your stay with us! You are correct, we definitely are not cookie cutter, we have almost 100 years of charm, nostalgia and more to offer!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!