The Historic Santa Maria Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
De Ville Motel(Santa Maria)
Holiday Motel(Santa Maria)
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Colonial Motel(Santa Maria)
Laura Lodge(Santa Maria)
Budget Inn(Santa Maria)
Average 3/5
All reviewswine cellarold sectionolder partgarden roomnewer towerold world charmmartini barmarilyn monroemovie starsolder roomsbarber shoprose gardenbreakfast buffetcentral coasthearst castleone night staysan francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My best advice...stat at Best Western. The stay is $50.00 cheaper, customer service is a wnner and there is a continental breakfast. I travel a lot. I recently stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado with great pleasure. I am greatly disappointed with the service at Santa Maria Inn. Santa Maria Inn was a nice place to stay in the past.
, with excellent customer service. I was sadly disappointed with this visit. I had requested something and when I got to the room, there was nothing there. I called and spoke to clerk named Jenny and explained the issue.Jenny stated that she would have the issue resolved in about 10 minutes. Almost an hour later...no resolution and Jenny had left for the evening. The current clerk said he could not do anything as the staff who handles the issue was gone for the night. The clerk stated the staff left at 7p and said Jenny could not have provided the service and should have never said she could. I have stayed here before and had a excellent customer service. The management must have changed, I have never had such bad service at a hotel. I would not recommend anyone staying here in the future. There is no customer service at all.

Room Tip: Stay at Best Western, they have a continental breakfast and the stay is about $50.00 less per night.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracy J
HistoricManager, Manager at The Historic Santa Maria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you kindly for taking the time to complete a review of our Inn. As we value our guests and especially our repeat guests, we are truly sorry to hear you were disappointed during your recent visit. I can assume you would be frustrated and disappointed. As a manager of the hotel, I can’t help but wish to win your business back and would hope that you might understand that we overlooked the amenities you requested when reserving your room. Jenny, although new, is very thorough and capable and did her best to get your request to you prior to realizing she was not able to access it. She informed the arriving agent of the situation and asked that he explain to you why you hadn’t received them. The situation would have been avoided had we simply put them in your room in the first place. It sounds as though you travel a fair amount and as we strive to exceed every guests expectations, we do sometimes fall short. I could only ask that you understand that although you experienced this incident, we do not offer poor customer service, nor do we lack concern for our guests. I would assume you may be willing to give our business another chance to redeem itself. I very much appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, as we do care very much for your feedback. I apologize for your disappointment and lack of follow up, but please know that we do care.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Our car club spent a weekend at the Santa Maria Inn. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. The set aside special parking for our cars. Everyone really liked their rooms. The breakfast buffet was basic but good. Not a huge selection but it came with the price of the room so I thought it was great. Super coffee and great service. We had a hospitality room in a suite and it was great. No one complained about the noise!!! The entire weekend was made very special by the staff at the Santa Maria Inn. Not to mention, the grounds are beautiful. There were two weddings the weekend we were there. We will return in the future.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the tower.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
HistoricManager, Manager at The Historic Santa Maria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

We are so appreciative of your kind and detailed response! We absolutely love to have groups of guests that are here to enjoy our Inn and all the Central Coast has to offer. We are more than happy to accomodate as we truly appreciate your business. We will be sure to inform our staff of your remarks and hope to have the pleasure of working with you again in the future.
Thanks and take care!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

last friday we decided to go to the santa maria inn. {my mom spoke well of } all went really well we got a late check out and we were at 12:30 saturday..out shopping we got a call he left a message,"accusing us of breaking the tv in the room"he stated in message that he will have to charge the credit card $750.00 if he doesnt hear from us.well 20minutes have gone by i call him back .i get his machine so i leave a message stated we will be right there to let him know the tv was working just fine when we left at 12:30 which it took them 3-31/2 hours to make a phone call..also we got there about 4:15pm and he {santa maria inn}already took the money out of our account and had no intentions to believe us"WE DID NOT BREAK THEIR TV!!!!" So if u do stay there take pictures of your room before leaving so they dont take $500.00 out of your account and ruin your vacation like they did to us !!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank saidenough
HistoricManager, Manager at The Historic Santa Maria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

This indeed was an unfortunate incident. We understand accidents do happen, however, the guest did not notify the hotel of the flatscreen being obviously cracked during their stay. The evidence speaks for itself. Fortunately, another guest of the room admitted to having broken the television and paid for it and the original charge was reversed. As a registered guest in any hotel, the guest is liable for damages in the room while registered.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

When we checked-in, we were pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade. Our room was GREAT! I would give Santa Maria an excellent review, except for I’m a light sleeper, the Santa Maria Inn is on a busy street, and I could hear the street noise. My husband slept fine! We enjoyed our stay and we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
HistoricManager, Manager at The Historic Santa Maria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you kindly for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback and are pleased you are willing to join us again. Being a light sleeper, I can understand your concern for the level of noise. Please be sure to mention that during your next stay and we will most definitely accomodate you. We want our guests to be comfortable and happy and we look forward to our next opportunity to host you!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I wanted a change from the generic chain hotels, and this inn definitely delivered that change! It's a beautiful historic place in the lovely town of Santa Maria. The rooms are cozy, and the whole place is full of character. It is a great price for a fantastic place!

• Stayed: September 2011

We appreciate you! What a wonderful and enthusiastic review of our hotel. We are pleased you were seeking something special and different and we were lucky to have had you as our guest! Thank you for taking the time to relay your experience and we hope to have you back at our Inn in the near future.... enjoy!