“Try the Tri-Tip steak sandwich”

Shaw's Famous Steak House
Ranked #1 of 219 Restaurants in Santa Maria
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxnard, California
“Try the Tri-Tip steak sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had two bad experiences eating Tri -Tip steak elsewhere; it was like eating shoe leather -just as chewy, dry and nasty tasting as you would expect. Since Santa Maria is the "home" of Tri-Tip barbecue, I went to Shaw's on recommendation of staff in two places. I tried the steak for the third, and perhaps last, time. Wow, it was delicious! Still chewy but moist and tasty. The Cole Slaw salad was perfect - really creamy, the way I like it. My DH had the special, citrus salmon salad, and he said it was very good. Unfortunately, we had no room for dessert. Our waitress was very friendly too.

Will I have Tri-tip again? Only here for sure.

• Visited January 2013

Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Must Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

There Nov. 9th. Book said Santa Maria, Ca. was famopus for it's TriTips. We stopped at an antique store-while there asked the owner & he said go to Shaws'. My word-was he RIGHT-Fabulous-Last restrauant I was in that had home relish plate was Genos' in Halstead, Chicago. This was great. Homemade garlic bread was superb. The main course of Tritip was magnificent! Cut with a fork. NO knife needed. Great flavor. Baked potato perfect. Service amazing. Was all as the dealer had said it would be. Pricing to me was resonable. If visiting don't miss. Also go their monday through Friday when they run special prices on meals between 4 to 6 P.M.

• Visited November 2012
Phelan, California
“Santa Maria tri-tip at it finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

If your from California, you dream of Santa Maria tri-tip BBQ! This place does it perfectly and with all the sides they include made for a wonderful dinner. The wood pit is open to watch the cook lay out the beef and carefully monitor it to perfection. My advise is don't pass Santa Maria without eating BBQ here!

1 Thank mamacraft
Westlake Village, California
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We wine tasted all day and were staying overnight at Best Western. I knew I would be craving red meat after all that red wine I drank all day. This place was perfect. Friendly, attentive staff. Big portions, quality meat, very tasty. We had the cherry bread pudding for dessert...very good. This is a family BBQ place, not fine dining with $40 filet...we had eaten at Flemings in LA the week before...my husband liked this just as much! I say Flemings melts in your mouth, while Shaws is good tasty beef that is enjoyable and worth the prices charged.

Waynesville, Ohio
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Santa Maria has a reputation for BBQ. Not BBQ sauce, just a big slab of meat cooked over a red oak fire. Shaw's was recommended on the internet and by the locals as well. This is not fine dining but fairly casual. I went there for a big slab of steak and I have had some pretty darn good steaks in my days. I also grill a pretty good steak myself. I had a ribeye and my wife had a filet. Both were perfect. I don't know if it was the best steak I ever had but it was right up there. They also serve local wines which was nice. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2012