“Great meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We wine tasted all day and were staying overnight at Best Western. I knew I would be craving red meat after all that red wine I drank all day. This place was perfect. Friendly, attentive staff. Big portions, quality meat, very tasty. We had the cherry bread pudding for dessert...very good. This is a family BBQ place, not fine dining with $40 filet...we had eaten at Flemings in LA the week before...my husband liked this just as much! I say Flemings melts in your mouth, while Shaws is good tasty beef that is enjoyable and worth the prices charged.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Santa Maria has a reputation for BBQ. Not BBQ sauce, just a big slab of meat cooked over a red oak fire. Shaw's was recommended on the internet and by the locals as well. This is not fine dining but fairly casual. I went there for a big slab of steak and I have had some pretty darn good steaks in my days. I also grill a pretty good steak myself. I had a ribeye and my wife had a filet. Both were perfect. I don't know if it was the best steak I ever had but it was right up there. They also serve local wines which was nice. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Shaw's is located in Santa Maria, CA where barbecued steak is king. Shaw's has been in business for many years. I was very disappointed in my dinner. The blue cheese dressing on my salad was THE worst I have ever eaten. I don't think there was any blue cheese in the dressing. My steak was cooked correctly but was nothing special and my baked potato was cold. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was nice. However there are many choices in Santa Maria and I will go elsewhere next time.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Shaw's is always my first choice for dinner in Santa Maria and has been since I first arrived on the Central Coast in the early 1980's. Great steaks that are cooked perfectly on an open wood fired pit and served with a good assortment of side dishes.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

In town on business, recommended by co-worker. Met with smile, waiter offered specials to menu. Had petite filet which prepared perfectly great flavor and tender. Atmosphere was like a close nit neighborhood. Will definitely repeat and recommend 5 star.