“Great Breakfast”

Santa Maria Inn Garden Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Santa Maria Inn Garden Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 219 Restaurants in Santa Maria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

They serve late breakfast so it was the perfect start to my vacation. The waiter was helpful in offering suggested routes and places to stay.

Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
San Jose, California
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was staying at the Inn, and since Santa Maria is not your culinary Mecca, I decided to eat at The Garden Room. Besides, a couple of my wine clubs have emailed me regarding winemaker dinners there. I now know to skip those winemaker dinners.

When I arrived about 7:30 p.m. the parking lot to the hotel was full, but there was only one couple seated in the dining room. That should have been my first clue. My server was freindly and prompt, and checked back a couple of times. During my time at dinner I noticed there were three servers, and only four tables were seated, including mine, as long as I was there. Tough for the servers to make a buck that way.

The salad was a salad--they're never great, and hard to screw up. The "prime" Beef Stroganoff was mixed. The pappardelle had the texture of house made and worked well with the sauce. I asked the server if they were house made. She wasn't sure. She didn't check and get back to me on that question. The "prime" beef, however, was an abomination. It was thin, overcooked smal pieces of dry meat like you get in a French Dip sandwich, only much smaller. The sauce couldn't spice it up. Ugh! I had three or four pieces of it, and thereafter contented myself with finishing the pasta. Two glasses of pinot noir, and the whole bill was only $61.25--not bad if the beef were indeed prime and well-prepared. My former in-laws were Russian. They always used good meat, and cut it in chunks, not thin slivers as the chef did here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank John O
San Francisco, California
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Service was fine. Food was mediocre. Try looking around elsewhere in town. The hotel is fine though....

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“A very pleasant and relaxing dining..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I, got away for the week-end from all the noise and work..! We could not decide where we would eat, but we went into the lobby not wanting to leave the hotel. We wanted to try the Sunday brunch and what a great choice. I had the Chilaquiles with bean, "BOY" they had a kick on hot flavor with jalapenos what a thrill for me.. My wife, had the pan cakes with blue-berries. They serve great portions that she koved her food so of course she had to take some home in a box. The mimosas, and bread basket..oooh wow.. you just have to try them out. Which we did mimosas kept coming and bread we had to ask for another basket.. If you stay at the inn, make sure you stop and ask for Kari.. Great server.. and great knowledge on Santa Maria and especially the Inn..

• Visited June 2013
Rosarito
“Very pleasing experience....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We arrived about 30 minutes before closing time on a Tuesday and I was fearful that being late on a week night, we might not be pleased.

The menu is very complete and offered a diverse selection.

I see from other reviews that service was an issue, and had there been more patrons, perhaps we would have had the same experience. However, it was not to be, as we were well served. I had the Ceasar's salad and it was great. The house green salad was bountiful, colorful and was reported delicious. All greens were very crisp and fresh.

Our entres included the cedar plank salmon and it was one of the best salmon diners I've had. The other was the Santa Maria "Mix" was perhaps only average, but we ate every morsal and proclaimed ourselves well satisfied... a very nice introduction to several days stay.

One morning we tried the breakfast buffet. While only a basic buffet, it was complete breakfast and very good value. Everything was fresh, hot, well presented and plentiful. It was complete for the price... we could not have fared better at a coffee shop since all drinks were included.

On service... yes we noticed the lack of a host and perhaps they could have used more help... but it only affected me getting enough coffee in me to start my morning! However, I'm sure they have a hard time figuring out how many will come in? We were in a hurry, and got in, got out, and were well fed in short order. So considering everything, our experience was positive with no complaints.

Certainly it was nice to have this dining option during our out of town hotel stay. I usually do not look forward to "hotel food" but would not hesitate to return.

• Visited February 2013