“Fabulous food & locally owned”

North China Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 243 Restaurants in Santa Maria
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I love family owned restaurants... Even more when the food is so wonderful! The family style menus are a great value ($75 for the six person, which easily feeds 8 to 10) and they will allow substitutions if your favorite dish is not listed on the pre set menu. The food is not greasy, super flavorful, and near perfection. We had three women serving our table of 6. Two were very experienced, friendly, and professional. My only criticism is about the very inexperienced (I assume) trainee who helped serve water, clear plates, etc., is that whenever we said "thank you" for something she did, she responded with "no problem". I know I am revealing my over 40 self here, but this is so annoying. She said it about 15 times... What ever happened to "you're welcome"?? The more experienced servers did not say "no problem", so hopefully she will catch on...? But I digress... Go eat here. It is great food!!

1  Thank PismoLulu

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Best Chinese food in Santa Maria! Always busy, additional parking in the rear, and the staff is always attendant.

2  Thank marriottvisitor
Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you like Chinese, this is the best in Santa Maria, or for that matter, in Santa Barbara County. Authentic food very well prepared and excellent service in a relaxing environment.

1  Thank centralcaltraveler
Reviewed November 9, 2012

North China is right off of two main streets but once you're inside it is so nice and peaceful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is authentic chinese food. We love coming here.

1  Thank ObsessedTraveler805
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a take away meal from this restaurant on route to LA as we were over burgers, french fries, mexican etc. The food was just average and the chicken stir fry we ordered ended up being beef which tasted more like sliced roast beef with boiled broccoli. We also ordered sliced beef with orange but it was deep fried in batter and a bit gluggy so we ended up throwing most of it in the bin.

1  Thank wizzynew