“Look past the outside.”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
solvang
“Look past the outside.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We recently went to Swiss Chalet for a b-day dinner. We had already decided on another restaurant in Orcutt when someone recommended this place. The location is not great but don't let that keep you from trying this little gem. We arrived at 7:30 pm and were surprised to be seated right away without a reservation. Nobody had been here before and really did not know what to order. All of us (6) ordered something different but started with the grilled artichoke as an app. This was delicious and as good as the one from a steakhouse in Buellton. I ordered the 16 oz ribeye with a salad and my side was garlic mashed potatoes. The salad was nothing special but my steak and the garlic mashed potatoes were wonderful. The steak was ordered medium and it arrived perfectly cooked and the seasoning was delicious. My dinner also came with a side of salsa and ranch style beans and garlic bread. (These come with the dinner menu along with your soup/salad choice.) The service was good and they were friendly. Everyone at our table enjoyed what they ordered and we all left feeling that we had made a good choice. I forgot to mention the side of broccoli that I also ordered. I had noticed this ordered and eaten at the bar and did not see it on the menu but am glad that I had a chance to order this on the side. It was sliced on put on the grill so that it was smoky and had that bbq taste, delicious. Give it a try. Only draw back for me Is I had a little bit of extra fatty meat around the outside but it was not enough to be dissatisfied with the steak.

San Clemente, California
“Actually not bad”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I don't want to beat this place up, as we had a decent slab of ribs here. We were looking for an acceptable place we could walk to from our hotel and this was about it. I would not say it was anything more or less than average. Just a little dated in both food and atmosphere, but did the job for us. $10 corkage fee was fair.

Santa Maria CA
“Tasty Food and Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a much improved makeover compared to the Old Swiss Chalet which was outdated and dirty looking, the new atmosphere is cozy and inviting with large highbacked booths. The food is delicious but the menu is not extensive so some may find it lacking in variety. The steaks have such a good flavor that you really can't go wrong if you order a steak.

Visited December 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
“Never Judge a Place by It's Cover”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Usually when we go to Santa Maria we like to go to one place. Today a friend of ours told us to try The Swiss. We pulled into an empty parking lot. looked closed. Got out to see if it was open. Pulled the door and Wow! Yes it was Great! I had the Tri Tip sandwich that just melted in my mouth. No tugging on it. Yumm beyond words! My husband had the Pastrami and he said Absolutely Delish, cooked to perfection! We will be coming back again!

Thousand Oaks, California
“Really Excellent”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Taken there by family to celebrate birthdays. Surprised by the dated and plain decor. More than pleasantly surprised by the friendly, efficient service and the great food. My husband's and my steaks were wonderful and each done just to our liking. My picky son didn't sent his steak back. (A common event.) The rack of baby backs served to my daughter-in-law and granddaughter were the meatiest I've ever seen. We be back again.

Visited May 2013