“Great Business Lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Business Lunch”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Needed a place for a pleasant, leisurely business lunch. A local suggested Central City Market in the Santa Maria Mall.
The menu offers great salads, sandwiches and daily comfort food meals. I tried the sliced turkey with brie, lettuce, cranberries and raspberry jam on fresh bread. The sandwich was tasty, tender and huge. I enjoyed half for lunch and the other half in my hotel room at night. Service was attentive and friendly.

• Visited September 2013

Arroyo Grande, California
“Great Food, Glacial Service..”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place may be unique on the Central Coast in northern Santa Barbara county, a French-style bistro in a large farm town mall, but it works well. The food is excellently prepared from an extensive and innovative menu, with a wine list one would expect in a big city. The desserts are beautiful and delicious. The only small drawback is that the service on a slow Saturday afternoon was slow, just slow enough to be noticeable. Not a deal-killer, but should be fixed. See their website for all the special events and happy hour items.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Pass - tiny portions, large prices”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family and I had a poor experience at this restaurant. Surprisingly, the owner/director of food for the mall provided his email address on every table to be contacted for comments. This was a very good gesture. I would resolve the poor experience between us without having to post about it on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately he doesn't care about his customers enough to reply. The following was my email detailing our experience:

"My family has lived in here for 5 years and have just made it out to the Central City market for the first time. We are here now having dinner and I was surprised that the dining room was empty despite it being right in the middle of dinner service. The menu looked wonderful, the dining room is clean and the wait staff is friendly. However, I do have some concerns. My $15 vegitarian sandwich was the size of something from the dollar menu from a fast food establishment. Also, it came with less veggies than listed on the menu and has bone-dry, hard as a rock sundried tomatoes. The kitchen should be using jarred sun dried tomatoes in olive oil or know how to properly reconstitute them. I sent the plate back. Furthermore, my wife's french dip was also pathetically small for the price. She could not even dip her french dip as the meat resembled pencil shavings and quickly all fell on the plate after a couple bites. The kitchen also forgot her side dish. I felt bad for the server when I sent my dish back to the kitchen. She performed her job very well and offered dessert on the house as a form of appology. This was a very nice gesture. The chocolate chip cookie I am eating as I type this is ver tastey. Thank you very much for making your contact information available. I would rather not write negative reviews on Trip Advisor or Yelp."

Wel, that never worked out.

• Visited July 2013
Morgan Hill, California
“Don't know why this place has good reviews on Yelp”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Found this place on Yelp as Tripadvisor did not show anything that advertised fresh ingredients. Was very disappointed. Place was dead and the food was nothing worth going back for.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SouthbroomNatal
“Fresh Ingredients = Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lunch here was quite pleasant sitting in the "greenhouse" area. The food was very tasty. Fresh crisp salads and healthy sandwiches. I do like this place although it is in an odd location.

• Visited May 2013