Western Motel
Fairfield Inn
$68
$69
$67
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2011

When I walked into the room I noticed I was being bitten by insects, and discovered the room was infested with fleas. I was given a second room, and I immediately purchased flea and bedbug spray. I stripped and sprayed bed, all of the carpet, and draperies. I also used a can of disinfectant spray to sanitize the bath and shower.

The carpet was filthy, with black stains in multiple areas. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave both of which were rusted, and discolored. In order to use the microware, I had to unplug the refrigerator or TV. The electrical outlets only had two prongs. In other words the outlet has never been upgraded to accept a ground. The ground prongs on the refrigerator and microware were broken off.

The property advertizes Wi-Fi. I was told it was not working and Comcast would be out to repair it the following day. Comcast came out as promised, but the issue was not with Comcast. The issue was with the hotel’s wireless router. I talked to the motel management and ultimately was told by John that they are only the managers, and if the owner wanted to get the router fixed, he would do so. The Wi-Fi was not repaired during my week long stay.

Also the room I occupied does not have a smoke detector, which when I noticed caused great concern because of the high number of long term/transient guests.

This is a filthy, flea bitten, fire trap with completely uncaring and uncooperative ownership and management.

Terry
Tucson AZ

Room Tip: Fleas in rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business