“You're better off sleeping in your car than staying here” 1 of 5 stars

You added Holiday Motel to your Saves list
Holiday Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   605 S Broadway, Santa Maria, CA 93458   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
“You're better off sleeping in your car than staying here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I am not a hotel/motel snob by any means. I see them as simply a place to sleep at night so you can carry on with the fun during the day. My husband and I stayed here because we wanted to take a last minute road trip up the coast for Valentine's day weekend. This was the ONLY motel with vacancies so we figured we would just go for it. Clean and Safe are NOT words I would use to describe this place. We got there late at night and checked into our room. We were a little alarmed to see a man across the motel entering a room through the window!! at MIDNIGHT! There were a lot of super shady people hanging out in the parking lot and smoking outside of their rooms. Once we finally got into our room, we were very disappointed even though we were not expecting much. The guy at the front desk has to light our heater with the same lighter he lit his cigarette with. I thought for sure there was going to be a gas leak and he was going to blow the place up with one flick of that lighter. Once he got it to stay lit, we were so freaked out by the place we considered leaving and just sleeping in our car. We decided to stay but slept with our jeans on and our hoods over our heads. We didn't even shower the next morning. We couldn't get out of that room fast enough. You really are better off sleeping in your car than staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kacit123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Driving all day and almost out of funds, thank you for a clean, safe and affordable place to get some shut eye. Front desk guy you were awesome!...sorry, just noticed I needed a few more words. Had been driving from Northern Ca. Didn't even have a reservation, just walked in and said I saw your standard rooms were available for just $40.00. My friend and I were happy to find out your also just a couple of blocks from Starbucks. With the money we saved on the room Starbucks was like frosting on the cake. We'll be back when we head back to Alaska. Thanks again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Trae M
Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

oh the manager were very co-operative at midnight 3am . the rooms and the surrounding was very peaceful at a very resonable price. you can just book them online or just call them and do the reservation and give your time of arrival so that they are aware you are coming.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Horrible experience with the owner of this property. Booked this hotel through Expedia.com (never again). After I booked room with Expedia I called the hotel to confirm the reservation with the owner by the way and it was also secured with a credit card. Arrived at midnight to check in and rang the bell only to be ignored. If you plan on staying here you better make sure it's on the owners time schedule and not yours. The next morning I called Expedia and told them about the horrible service and they called the hotel to confirm the story and the owner lied and told Expedia he stayed up until 2am waiting for the customer. What can I say sounds like a wonderful place to stay if you don't want a room. After reading the other reviews regarding bedbugs I guess I should count my blessing that the owner ignored the bell.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jami T

Travelers are raving about these Santa Maria hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We needed to find a last minute room in Santa Maria and this motel was one of the only places with space so we took a room. We got to the room late but woke up a couple hours later and the bed was CRAWLING with bed bugs. They were all over the sheets, pillows, and us. Getting a refund was a nightmare and I felt very disrespected, but the worst part hands down was waking up covered in bugs.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank kjade7
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This place was the worse place i've ever stayed, while there are some good reviews for this place, those people musta have been looking the other way.
Our company booked us for one night and as result one of my co-workers got bit above the eye by a bed-bug. Thier room was short on towels , toliet paper and dirty while mine was dusty and the floors littered what looked like lint plus there was bits of food and pieces of bread by the refridge; I guess the maids did not make it that far....
Don't recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Ther are none