“I absolutely loved this motel”
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
San Francisco, California
“I absolutely loved this motel”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I actaullly liked this motel. It was a simple and sweet motel. great service adn fabulous people. Coffee and Breakfast was ready in the morning @ the office and that was nice. I was exhausted and they treated me fantastically and the room also smelled good with a treat of a water bottle. Thanks I will be back to this motel; I dont know what everyone else is talkin about. They are new managers too.

Room Tip: The Ground Floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fresno ca
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Previously I stayed at the Holiday Motel, I had stayed there before and had been disappointed., This time i stopped to just check it out, and had seen that major improvements. All rooms had been remodeled, new carpet, new management, who were very friendly and helpful! They told me that new granite counter tops. furniture, and tiles in the restroom area were soon to come. I would recommend this motel to any one. I hope to see a lot more changes, I think this business made a complete turnaround and i wish them the best!! the price is so affordable. and very clean!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FresnocaBusinessMan
USA
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Despite always meaning to review places I stay, I somehow never get around to it. For this motel, I'm making sure I do to help other visitors to Santa Maria avoid this dump.

I'm not fussy about what I want from a hotel/motel - all I really need is a bed, clean room and preferably internet access. I don't see the point in paying big dollars for a hotel that provides things I don't require so I usual choose cheaper places so I can spend my money elsewhere.
The Holiday Motel failed on all three aspects I need. The first room I was put in (right at the front of the motel as the back rooms away from the road are reserved for smoking guests) turned out to have a large blood stain on the mattress! The only mattress covering consisted of the thin bottom sheet that didn't even reach the top of the mattress, so the stain was quite apparent. I was moved to a second room which thankfully was free of blood stain, although the bed cover has numerous holes in it that look like cigerette burn holes (in a non-smoking room).
After I had moved, I went to have a shower to discover there was no hot water. After another call to the front desk, a visit from the owner, and running the cold water tap for five minutes, the hot water started running.
The tiles in the bathroom look like they haven't been cleaned in weeks, and the supposed wifi the motel offers is nowhere to be found (although it's only available in the few rooms closest to the office anyway).
The only thing that was fine about the room was the carpet and that's because it's new.

Again, I'd like to say that i'm not a fussy travellers at all - I've stayed in hundreds of youth hostels over the years, and nearly all of them were better then this place!
I can't stress this enough, please avoid this place - there are so many motels along Broadway in Santa Maria of compariable price that you will surely find something better.

I'm writing this from the motel room - I had to do it straight away because I was so disgusted - all I'm hoping for now is that I don't wake up with bedbugs tomorrow!

Stayed February 2010, traveled solo