“Nice Stay”

Candlewood Suites Santa Maria
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Nice stay at Candlewood Suites Santa Maria.

This is a new hotel in a good location. It is kept very clean and is nicely decorated.

The two room suites are very large, have a fridge, stove, dishwaser, and a microwave if you don't want to travel to a restaurant. I think that they even have a BBQ outside for guests.

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

This hotel has an exercise room and complimentary laundry for it guests. You will only need to pay for the laundry soap.

I would definately recommend Candlewood Suite Santa Maria,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pam L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for visiting Candlewood Suites Santa Maria, CA. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your recommendation to fellow travelers.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was a great little place! Only have pros to note, no cons. Hotel staff was laid back but still professional and very kind. Had a very clean nice studio suite that included everything I could possibly need...stove-top, dishes, full fridge, microwave, dishwasher, nice TV, and DVD player (with free DVDs to check out at the front desk). All for a very reasonable price (under $100).
There was also a BBQ in front, a gym, laundry machines, and a little store...they looked nice from the outside but I did not actually use any of them.
If in the area again I would with out a doubt select this hotel to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AZ3
Pam L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for visiting Candlewood Suites Santa Maria and sharing your lodging experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and will look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the Central Coast.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Right off Hwy 101 you'll find a newer Candlewood. Nice friendly staff and everthing clean as a whistle. Room came w/ cooktop, microwave and full size refrigerator. Also a flat screen TV and very comfortable bed. Breakfast looked great but I didn't stay to eat. I avoided this establishment once before because of being pet friendly but found absolutely no evidence or oder, nice surprise.

Room Tip: A little tricky getting access to parking lot, access road is by the Western Supply store. Shared pa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and will look forward to seeing again you during your next visit to the Central Coast.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I used to come to Santa Maria biweekly for business and I would stay at the Holiday Inn just across the street. For years that was the best option in town.

The Candlewood is now my new choice. Very Clean, Nice staff a well stocked "honor system" cupboard,close freeway access.

I was here on a Wednesday night and the staff were handing out homemade Chili Verde for what they called "Wacky Miercoles" aka Wacky Wednesday. This was homemade Chili Verde that one of the Staff members Mom made. This happens every Wednesday.

THe gym is a typical hotel gym. 2 Treadmills, eliptical, bike, and a weight machine.

Laundry and Internet are free.

I will definately be using the Candlewood now instead of Holiday Inn plus, Candlewood has better rates.

Room Tip: The West side faces Broadway which at this point is just before the Freeway so as Semis roll by it c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cgroll
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Candlewood Suites Santa Maria. It was a pleasure to serve you.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were not expecting much, so the bar was not high, but we were pleasantly surprised. We were just up there to go to my nephew's graduation @ Cal Poly SLO, rooms were not easy to come by in the immediate vicinity, so we opted to stay a bit south in Santa Maria. Upon check in we were told we had one of the biggest suites, and it was definitely well sized for the money. The access to the freeway was quick and easy, the hotel was clean, room slept 3 adults comfortably, kitchen, nice amenities, we were overall very happy with the place and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen J
Pam L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for selecting Candlewood Suites Santa Maria. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. A hearty congratulation goes out to your nephew from the Candlewood team on his recent graduation!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here while waiting for my apartment to be ready after moving across the country to California. The staff was very friendly when I arrived, and made it very easy when I had to extend my stay by a couple of days. I am back at this hotel, a month later, and the staff remembered me from my previous 4 day stay.

There is no pool and no restaurant on property. It is super close to the highway -- a little tricky to find the road to turn onto, as it is not at a set of lights. The road is just after set of lights with the Holiday Inn --- turn just before the feed store on the left. The fire alarm went off the last time I was here and the staff reacted quickly and professionally (it was a false alarm). Having a kitchenette is a huge bonus, and free internet is easy to connect too. The a/c and refrigerator are a little loud, but I suspect some of that is because I typically don't sleep in my kitchen to notice how loud my fridge is. The windows open and the temperature in Santa Maria really makes it so you don't need to use the a/c. There is also free laundry and a gym on site, though I didn't use them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank amberjel

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Central Coast.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The property is very new and is located just off Hwy 101.
Unfortunately there are no restaurants in walking distance (except the one at the Holiday Inn across the road - which we wanted to try at first but then we decided to order a pizza).
The first impression of our room was nice (new, good looking furnishings - a huge fridge - flat tv, etc...) but the cleaning staff didn't do a good job: there was dust all over the fridge and some other parts of the room).
The bed although was comfortable and clean. Our bathroom was pretty spacious and well cleaned.
But the a/c and also the fridge were pretty noisy - it was a rather cool day so we opened the windows and didn't use the a/c.
All in all there is some room for improvement - I would consider our experience as average.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sial
Pam L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

I would like to personally apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I appreciate your willingness to share your comments as it allows us an opportunity to make the necessary corrections with our housekeeping personnel.
I hope that you would give us another opportunity to show you that we can do it better!