“Nice place to stay.”

Candlewood Suites Santa Maria
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I really liked this hotel, the staff was friendly and gave us a few dining options. The room was decent. I liked having a kitchen available to make breakfast. We were overlooking the parking lot, not the street, so our room was quiet. Free WiFi and parking are always a plus. The location was nice because it's right off the freeway. There's nothing fantastic about this place but it is a good place to rest your head. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank thebabaganoush
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Santa Maria

Reviewed May 3, 2011

The best room we had during our trip in California - it was king suite - everything was brand new ad spacious - full kitchen, flat TVs etc.

Stayed there for one day on a trip from SF to LA - there is no much to see in Santa Maria, but the hotel was ok for one day sleep.

The only disappointment was the fact that we were double charged for this room (initially we paid with priority points for the room and hotel manager confirmed that at check-in, but a week later the credit card was also charged for the full amount) and it took awhile for them to refund the money and I still do not have a response from their customer support about international fee refund (I have Australian credit card and every time there is a money transfer - an international fee is charged).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Cambria. The room looked very new and was clean. Our only complaint was the noise. The road noise kept my husband up but I didn't notice it over the noise from the refrigerator. Add on the noise from the airconditioner and it was very hard to get a good night sleep. There is no separation between the room and the kitchenette which is why the refrigerator noise was bothersome.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I have stayed at many Candlewood Suites and other extended stay hotels and this has been the worst experience ever. Since the time I arrived at the property the staff was not friendly, the gentlemen at the desk was busy behind a wall on a computer, there was also another man there I believe it was the General Manager of the hotel. He was busy interrupting my check in and asking to many personal questions and seemed to be very friendly with his staff and guest.
The room was ok, small compared to other extended stay hotels, lots of stains on the carpet and I believe I was in a pet room since there was pet hair on the curtains.
I had contacted the front desk but they were unable to help me, I actually had to leave the hotel and check into another hote due to allergies and comel to find out the General Manager of the Candlewood Suites manages two properties by two different corporation. The Candlewood Suites and Fairfield Inn which is a Marriott hotel. Wierd!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank AllabtMe
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I have been staying here for about 6 months with my boyfriend and our 2 children (ages 2 and 1) while he is out here working. It is a nice hotel and the staff is very friendly, but I just wish there was an oven in the rooms. The cleaning staff is great and do a fantastic job. The bath towels are not like other hotel towels, they are much more big anf fluffy. The bedding is nice but as another reviewer stated, the bed does seem a lot smaller than a queen. There is a bbq grill outside in which we always use and there is a 24 hour grocery store within walking distance it is so close. All in all this is a great place to stay. They are also 100% pet friendly with a reasonable deposit (you will not get this back as it is for deep cleaning of the carpets).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2010

The hotel was fine for business or leisure, the rooms are nice, but....

Unfortunately, when I checked out I forgot my NOOK (electronic reader similar to a Kindle). I immediately called that evening to see if it had been turned in, and of course, no one had seen it. I am extremely disappointed. I have found, on the most part, hotels, housekeeping, and maintenance staff to be very helpful and honest. But, not this time...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Hotel is pretty new. Very clean and staff is nice. Rooms are pretty spacious. Location is convenient because it is right off the 101, however it isn't really right by too much as far as good restaurants or areas to walk around in. Even though it is right off the freeway, traffic noise is not a problem because there are 4 window panes to block out noise. We have stayed here twice now, and will continue to stay here when we visit Santa Maria.

• Stayed: November 2010