“Wow! Zip Lining and Wine tasting... got to love SLO”

Margarita Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: At Margarita Adventures, we offer a uniquely thrilling perspective on true California landmarks-the historic Santa Margarita Ranch and Santa Margarita Lake. Our guided kayaking tours will take you on a serene and beautiful excursion to Santa Margarita Lake, where you are sure to see an abundance of birds and wildlife. Tour includes lunch. On our zipline tours, you will embark on six distinct ziplines spanning more than 7,500 total feet, starting with an epic 2,800-foot tandem line. Flying next to a friend or partner, you depart between two legacy red oaks, then soar over a steep canyon forested with blue oaks. Next, you crest over a high ridge and conquer a broad valley at heights reaching 160 feet before finally landing on the distant mountainside, completing an epic journey that you’ll never forget.You'll end your tour with an epic 1,800 foot flight over the vineyard! Tour - Along the way, you will learn about the ranch's remarkable natural features and role as part of California's famed Mission Trail. Your tour concludes in the historic hamlet of Santa Margarita, where you have the option to sample wines from the ranch. Advance reservations are required. Nature - During your tour, you will experience the remarkably diverse natural environment of Santa Margarita Ranch, which spans five distinct soil types and numerous habitats across 14,000 acres. Sustainability - Santa Margarita Ranch is a testament to how native ecosystems can be nurtured and even restored within a working ranch and vineyard environment. During your tour, you will learn about the numerous sustainable practices that are making a difference in the land and what it produces. History - From early Native American inhabitants to Spanish padres, Mexican generals and colorful outlaws, Santa Margarita Ranch boasts an illustrious cultural and historical pedigree that is unrivaled on California's Central Coast. Wine - Santa Margarita Ranch's sustainably farmed vineyard is the southernmost vineyard in the Paso Robles American Viticultural Area (AVA). During your tour, you will discover why Sunset Magazine called Paso Robles "the West's most exciting wine region." With our six ziplines, we aim to change your perspective, both literally and figuratively. Our tour is designed to accentuate our larger mission: to promote a deeper appreciation for our natural surroundings, and to ultimately see things a bit differently while providing a thrilling experience along the way.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Took friends from out of town and it was a high light of there trip. One person in our group was not sure she was going to do it but when it was over she was begging to do it again. Great fun, great wine......

4  Thank Tug J
There are newer reviews for Margarita Adventures

Reviewed March 7, 2012

It was so much fun. I was really nervous to do it but had such a great time. The first one to do it actually was so light she was stuck at the end but she had her legs straight out. They threw her a rope and moved her in so she was absolutely fine. I took the advice of the tour guide and pulled my legs up so I move much quicker and had fun. By the end of it, we were all relaxed and not even using the handles to hang on.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

what a wonderful experience. zip lining across the beautiful santa margarita ranch, then wine tasting all their wonderful estate wine. what an experience! the zip line tour was much more than just being driven out to the zip line. we gained so much more, in regards to the history and the flora and fauna. the zip line crew is great and super friendly. and the zip lines, all for of them, are super thrilling. each one is very different and just as memorable as the last. then, when you're done zipping, its back tot the tasting room for wine tasting. overall this experience is a must.

1  Thank thedonmiguel
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I thought I would share my experience with Margarita Adventures. I and a
group of my fellow employees were granted the pleasure and thrill to
participate with this event on a Sunday afternoon. The weather really
cooperated with us, being sunny, warm, and just enough breeze to stir the
air amongst the oaks of Santa Margarita Ranch. The staff of Mike, Matt,
and Patrick were friendly, informative, helpful, and overall, just plain
fun. You start off at Ancient Peaks Winery in Santa Margarita where you
can get free wine tasting either at the start if you need some liquid
courage, and after where you can relax and talk over all the fun and
thrills you have just come from.

The Zip Lines are all placed on Santa Margarita Ranch, which is one of the
largest Mexican Land Grant Ranchos still in operation.On the drive up you
will be given a nice background on the Ranch, how the strive to use
sustainable growth in their agricultural as well as cattle raising. You
slowly drive up the dirt track and go between various ecosystems. From
grazing to wine fields of various types and varietals, on through oak
trees, until you get among the chaparral. The views when you are at the
start is just breathtaking. It adds that almost all you see in encased by
the Ranch's 14000 acres itself. With hawks, crows, turkey buzzards in the
skies above to the deer, bears, bobcats and the ever present cattle that
stride on the ground. Rabbits, gophers, and other rodents dart in and out
of the bushes and trees.The smells of nature add to the ambiance may give you the added treat that will await you.

The first zip line is Renegade, which stretches for over 1300 feet. This
is not only the longest of the four stretches of cable where you will zoom
along yelling and screaming in delight, but also one of the most breath
taking for its view. Here you will gear up in your harness, gloves and
safety helmet. The staff are here to assist you if needed as you start to
psych yourself for your beginning run, but also will allow to get some
last minute water and leave behind any excess clothing and bags you may
have.

I was the first of my group to go, and as the guinea pig for them to see
if I fouled up somehow. The first strep is a doozy, but if you just let
yourself go and step off, you will get a wondrous rush as you fly down the
allowed herself to take a leap of faith. Though her eyes were closed for
the first run, at the end she was also browsing nature and having good
times.

The next stretch was the 800 foot long Woodlander. This was one of my
favorites, after the Renegade. You seem to go faster because of the

Third was the Hilltopper a short jaunt between two hills. Here you need
to get a running start to get your speed. I tried to be a little more
daring and go freestyle. I ended up tripping over my own big feet. I still
had a blast and laughed off by bungling of the start. My friends all
joined in with the laughter and we continued to just have take in the
zips, each others company, and the banter of the staff. Even as a couple
of us did not quite make it to the end, the guides quickly stepped off
with a secondary rope that you could grab and they pulled you on to the
landing stage.

The last line you zip the finish line is the Archway. There is an actual
arch that you will sway back and forth as you start to straighten out for
the finale of your flying through the air. The wooden ramp is angled to
allow you to lift up your legs and allow your body's adrenaline to
subside. Once your group has wrapped up their own fun you will remove your gear and the guides will drive yo through more of the ranch and tell you more on how they grow some of the wine grapes. I had the pleasure to see a herd of does who were grazing along the cattle. They did not get spooked as we drove along. Just slowly worked their way up a hill side as the cattle ignored us. At most the various mothers would stare us down as we tried to drive past them, only to stride away as we got close enough.

The overall experience for my group and I was just fantastic. I will
highly recommend then to any who want to have fun, try something
different, and still have a nice glass of wine to relax to. For a cost of
$99 and 2-3 hours of your time, I think this is a great treat. No matter
if it is a guy with his buds, a bachelorette party wanting a unique
experience, or a family wanting some bonding time, this tour may well be
for you.

3  Thank zert1414
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I thought I would share my experience with Margarita Adventures located at 22720 El Camino Real, Santa Margarita, CA .I and a group of my fellow employees from the Adelaide Inn Paso Robles were granted the pleasure and thrill to participate with this event on a Sunday afternoon. The weather really cooperated with us, being sunny, warm, and just enough breeze to stir the air amongst the oaks of Santa Margarita Ranch. The Margarita Adventures staff of Mike, Matt, and Patrick were friendly, informative, helpful, and overall, just plain fun. You start off at Ancient Peaks Winery in Santa Margarita, CA where you can get free wine tasting either at the start if you need some liquid courage, and after where you can relax and talk over all the fun and thrills you have just come from.

The Zip Lines are all placed on Santa Margarita Ranch, which is one of the largest Mexican Land Grant Ranchos still in operation. On the drive up you will be given a nice background on the Ranch, how they strive to use sustainable growth in their agricultural as well as cattle raising. You slowly drive up the dirt track and go between various ecosystems. From acres for grazing to vineyards of various varietals, on through oak trees, until you get among the chaparral. The view at the start is breathtaking. The natural habitat of the Central Coast of California is evident in these hills. With hawks, crows, turkey buzzards in the skies above to the deer, bears, bobcats and the ever present cattle that stride on the ground. Rabbits, gophers, and other rodents dart in and out of the bushes and trees. Sage and a woodland earthy bouquet add to the ambiance.

The first zip line is Renegade, which stretches for over 1300 feet. This is not only the longest of the four stretches of cable where you will zoom along yelling and screaming in delight, but also one of the most breath taking for its view. Here you will gear up in your harness, gloves and safety helmet. The staff are here to assist you if needed as you start to psych yourself for your beginning run, but also will allow you to get some last minute water and leave behind any excess clothing and bags you may have.

I was the first of my group to go, and as the guinea pig for them. The first step is a doozy, but if you just let yourself go and step off, you will get a wondrous rush as you fly down the cable and allow the harness and lines to guide you down. The sights as you glance about are a treat and when you get to the end, you almost want to go again. I helped to cheer on my other mates as they one by one came down the line. One of my friends was deeply afraid of heights, but then she allowed herself to take a leap of faith. Though her eyes were closed for the first run, at the end she was also browsing nature and having good times.

The next stretch was the 800 foot long Woodlander. This was one of my favorites, after the Renegade. You seem to go faster because of the perspective, as you will go between some huge oaks as you fly around their branches and turning leaves. I was later told that if you stretched out your arms and hands, you could actually touch them as you zoomed to your finish.

Third was the Hilltopper a short jaunt between two hills. Here you need to get a running start to get your speed. I tried to be a little more daring and go freestyle. I ended up tripping over my own big feet. I still had a blast and laughed it off by bungling of the start. My friends all joined in with the laughter and we continued to just have take in the zips, each others company, and the banter of the staff. Even as a couple of us did not quite make it to the end, the guides quickly stepped off with a secondary rope that you could grab and they pulled you on to the landing stage.

The last line you zip the finish line is the Archway. There is an actual arch that you will sway back and forth as you start to straighten out for the finale of your flying through the air. The wooden ramp is angled to allow you to lift up your legs and allow your body's adrenaline to subside.

Once your group has wrapped up their own fun you will remove our gear and the guides will drive you through more of the ranch and tell you more on how they grow some of the wine grapes. I had the pleasure to see a herd of does who were grazing along the cattle. They did not get spooked as we drove along. Just slowly worked their way up a hill side as the cattle ignored us. At most the various mothers would stare us down as we tried to drive past them, only to stride away as we got close enough.

The overall experience for my group and I was just fantastic. I will highly recommend then to any who want to have fun, try something different, and still have a nice glass of wine to relax to. For a cost of $99 and 2-3 hours of your time, I think this is a great treat. No matter if it is a guy with his friends, a bachelorette party wanting a unique experience, or a family wanting some bonding time, this tour may well be for you.

3  Thank b b