“Umbrella Drinks”

Hula's Island Grill and Tiki Room
Ranked #10 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Always at the top of my list around happy hour. Island poke and the beef skewers are flavorful. Easy to find mixed rums drinks. Loud Upbeat atmosphere. Date worthy low lighting.

There are newer reviews for Hula's Island Grill and Tiki Room

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Jerk chicken bowl was great! Happy hour is 2:00-6:00 with $5 app list and tiki drinks. Pink bikini martini was good too.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Sitting at the table, I felt like a kid again visiting the Tiki room at Disneyland. Had the poki as an appetizer and it was terrific. Got the Mac crusted butterfish with rice and it was amazing! A little out of place on the menu was jalapeño bacon mac&cheese but it was delicious. Look forward to heading back there for another great meal as well as making fun of my buddy who ordered a Lilikoi drink in tall glass. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Hula's Island Grill and Tiki Room is where I found my love of ceviche. That being said, everything here was top notch. The decor and atmosphere were great, the food was amazing! I split the steak and the mahi mahi with my sister. You get to choose the seasoning on the fish which I thought was great. Served with plantains (which I love) rice, and beans. The drinks were also very good and on happy hour are half price. I had the Zombie which was very tasty. The server even let me keep my cup which was very nice of her! If you are in Santa Cruz, make a reservation (IT FILLS UP VERY QUICKLY) and go check this place out.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hula is a fun place to eat, the service is very good, the food is good, I like the Fish tacos and the chicken dishes, tropical drinks, waitpeople are friendly and helpful, your not rushed..people in my group enjoyed the cocktails..its small and sometime you have to wait a bit but you wont mind, the kids loved it and I loved it so did my out of town guest..all and all I loved everything about Hula's a must if your visiting Santa Cruz right in the heart of Downtown Santa Cruz..and Local's they have a really fun,good deal Happy Hours. "I will be back"