“Great food great atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
San Blas, Mexico
“Great food great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've enjoyed my meals at The Point many times. The food is always excellent. The prime rib is fabulous the salmon is most excellent. The service is great the bar scene is fun. I'm always looking forward to my next meal at, The Point!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank gatopelon

Austin, Texas
“The Steak Pleasure Point is to die for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Quiet setting. I ate in the lounge and not the restaurant part. Very good staff. Attentive and fast. The food was great! I chose the Steak Pleasure Point - 8oz sirloin, sautéed prawns, mushroom, green onion, kalamata olive, garlic, artichoke hearts, white wine.

Price is not too bad either. About average for a steakhouse.

I would definitely come back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Abel L
Capitola, California
“Great food good prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I LOVE The Point Chophouse for many reasons...all of them being the yummy menu items. I love Steak & Burgers & this is one of the best places for both. The Point Burger is huge & the price is great. Their breakfast is okay & the NY steaks are awesome! Plus they have flat screen TVs all over in the loung so you can catch a game & some great grub.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Victoria P
“Fire the Chef - seriously! Bad experience....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We went here by recommendation from the hotel we stayed at but ended up as a bad experience. As we walked in we noticed they had a nice dining area but it being almost empty on a weekend day should have been the first sign.
We ordered 3 steaks and all came out way wrong. The kids Filet steak was ordered Medium and came out close to Rare. My Porterhouse steak was ordered Medium-Rare (and double checked afterwards with server to confirm) and came out Well done!? The waiter did not do much to rectify the situation until I got pushy and complained about it. The well done steak was not replaced...?
Afterwards I spoke to the Manager and he was very defensive right away and seemed not to care too much. My wife who is normally very forgiving even complained and said this was one of her worst dinner experiences. We paid $91 for our meal and didn't get what we ordered. For a place that is called The Point Steak and Chop house, they failed the one core competency a steakhouse should have, which is to cook a steak well.
A combination of expensive meals, poorly prepared food, bad service and unappologetic manager in my book is a red flag. If you want a good meal then stay away from this place!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank trustthisreview88
Santa Cruz, California
“Go for the PrimeRib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

I liked this place right away after the change from the portola house. They've made it very comfortable. A bit pricey, but hey, it's good. It still feels a little like being in a cave since you don't see any daylight from the dining areas. The bar/lounge is great though. I like the couch and comfort chairs.

• Visited March 2011