“GREAT Cheeseburger!”

Dining options: Reservations
San Jose, CA
“GREAT Cheeseburger!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is one of the BEST Cheeseburgers I have ever had! My brother agrees! We had the 1/2 Burger with Cheddar on thier homemade sourdough bun. I will be back!

• Visited November 2012

Santa Cruz, California
“Yum!!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I ate here a couple nights ago - first time and really weren't sure what to expect.

We were greeted and led to a cozy booth as soon as we walked in. The waitress was great, took our drink orders (a couple micro brewed beers), and then gave us time to look at the menu. It's pretty extensive and eclectic for a small restaurant - lots of different choices, and some nightly specials.

We decided on two different slider plates - the angus beef and gorgonzola with bacon, and the pulled pork. Each plate had three really good-sized sliders, with generous garnish of lettuce, tomato, and pickle on the side. Delicious! - We shared, but there was so much food, I couldn't finish my share. We had the polenta fries, too. Great presentation - they looked like stacked Lincoln logs, and were served sizzling hot with a small side of mixed baby greens and a chipotle dipping sauce. Really good.

We also ordered the stir fried veggie platter with peanut sauce and brown rice. I don't know what the heck we were thinking, because there was no way we could eat that much. Our waitress saw my look of astonishment when the huge servings of food arrived, and she advised us to take the veggies home in a box, as they would be great the second day. Bingo - she was absolutely right - so we had two days worth of food.

We will definitely be back - this restaurant serves very well-prepared food, lots of choices, huge portions, good service, and reasonable prices. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
Delaware
“Great meal in a lively atmosphere”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We ate here last Friday night, arriving at 8:30. It was busy and there would have been a 20 min wait, but we chose to sit immediately at the bar to eat dinner. The food was absolutely delicious! I had a bruschetta salad with grilled chicken over greens. Such great flavors. My son loved his burger and cold beer. A great meal for a great price. (We spent about $35). It was lively with locals and the decor is an old fashioned surfer/Hawaiian kind of thing. fun.

• Visited October 2012
Santa Cruz, California
“Great Deal...Great Food...Even Greater Microbrew!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I love this place. The menu is varied, although I always tend to gravitate towards the Derby Sliders with Gorgonzola and Bacon Bits, the skinny garlic parmesan fries, the beer battered fish and chips, and, of course, some of the best micro-brew on the planet. They have a great happy hour and the staff will let you sample any of the brews that you want. The beer is almost all hand-crafted and unique. They love groupons here, so I always get a few to make my value even better...just don't forget to tip well for the great service. This place ROCKS!

• Visited October 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent burger and beer”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

All good. We both had cheeseburgers w/ avacado and mushroom.Did not have to put anything on it. The fries, house salad, and atmosphere were excellet as well.

Been to Surfrider Cafe? Share your experiences!