“Nice view, average food”

Gilda's Family Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Gloppy clam chowder. Ordinary bread. Decent charbroiled fish. Dreadful raviolis.

There are newer reviews for Gilda's Family Restaurant

Reviewed December 14, 2009

On a rainy Sunday afternoon in the winter, this place was packed while all the nearby restaurants were deserted. We stopped to read the menu. It was what you'd expect - selection and price wise - but while we were stadning there another patron on his way in actually stopped to tell us that Gilda's hadd the best food on the wharf. We weren't hungry so we didn't end up eating there but I certainly plan on giving it a try sometime.

Reviewed May 12, 2009

Friendly but not organized wait-staff, and greasy crab cakes where the two things that were bothersome. The high prices are to be expected on the wharf. Nice views from window seats. My sister wanted her salmon under-cooked so it would be moist, so they offered to poach it (she said it was very good). The rest of our party of 8 said their food was OK.

Reviewed February 27, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed a Steak and Lobster Dinner on Valentines day 2009 here .. It kinda reminded me of a big denny's .. Not to fancy .. Compared to the other resturants on the wharf .. Kind of plain .. Tables with a view were all allready reserved so we sat next to the windows facing the parking lot ..It was ok .. It was a little cold that day inside and out .... We received service with a smile .. This is definately a family owned place .. Serveral of the workers were family members ... They were polite .. It was CLEAN .. The portions were good sized .. The food was well presented .. I think it was a little pricey but your on the wharf so what do you expect .. we paid $85 for dinner (BUT come on steak and lobster) We ordered an appetizer and by the end of our meal decided we had ordered to much food .. They serve mixed drinks .. I had a few Strawberry Margaritas .. They were good nice and strong .. LOL Overall i liked this place ... It was good ..

1  Thank TheOnlyAngel
Reviewed October 23, 2008

mmmmmm stopped for there wednesday special

looks like everyone does, we had to wait for 20mins for a table but was definatly worth it.

I had the prime rib special and it was amazing and for only $9 a total bargain too.....

My partner had the Chefs salad and it looked amazing he had everything in it!!! literally everything....

Located right on the wharf so had views of the sea from both sides of the restaurant.