“This is were the locals go”

Gilda's Family Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 372 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northern California
“This is were the locals go”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

On a rainy Sunday afternoon in the winter, this place was packed while all the nearby restaurants were deserted. We stopped to read the menu. It was what you'd expect - selection and price wise - but while we were stadning there another patron on his way in actually stopped to tell us that Gilda's hadd the best food on the wharf. We weren't hungry so we didn't end up eating there but I certainly plan on giving it a try sometime.

Carmichael
“So,so food on the wharf with a view.”
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Friendly but not organized wait-staff, and greasy crab cakes where the two things that were bothersome. The high prices are to be expected on the wharf. Nice views from window seats. My sister wanted her salmon under-cooked so it would be moist, so they offered to poach it (she said it was very good). The rest of our party of 8 said their food was OK.

Fresno CA
“Not so fancy .. But good ...”
Reviewed February 27, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed a Steak and Lobster Dinner on Valentines day 2009 here .. It kinda reminded me of a big denny's .. Not to fancy .. Compared to the other resturants on the wharf .. Kind of plain .. Tables with a view were all allready reserved so we sat next to the windows facing the parking lot ..It was ok .. It was a little cold that day inside and out .... We received service with a smile .. This is definately a family owned place .. Serveral of the workers were family members ... They were polite .. It was CLEAN .. The portions were good sized .. The food was well presented .. I think it was a little pricey but your on the wharf so what do you expect .. we paid $85 for dinner (BUT come on steak and lobster) We ordered an appetizer and by the end of our meal decided we had ordered to much food .. They serve mixed drinks .. I had a few Strawberry Margaritas .. They were good nice and strong .. LOL Overall i liked this place ... It was good ..

1 Thank TheOnlyAngel
weston super mare
“Fantastic Place 22/10/08”
Reviewed October 23, 2008

mmmmmm stopped for there wednesday special

looks like everyone does, we had to wait for 20mins for a table but was definatly worth it.

I had the prime rib special and it was amazing and for only $9 a total bargain too.....

My partner had the Chefs salad and it looked amazing he had everything in it!!! literally everything....

Located right on the wharf so had views of the sea from both sides of the restaurant.

Redding, California
“terrific restaurant”
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Gilda's isn't Le Cordon Bleu or The French Laundry. It has coffee-shop tables and a bar, but there's a killer view of the ocean.

We ate here twice during our recent visit and would happily go back again. There were lots of older local people, who seemed to be regulars and know a good deal when they see it.

The first night my boyfriend had spaghetti & ravioli and I had grilled salmon; the second night he had the nightly special - tri-tip dinner for $9.95, and I had oysters and chips. There was lots of food and it was all freshly prepared. Service seemed a little wonky at times but for these prices and the good dinner, that was a shortcoming we could live with.

On our next visit to Santa Cruz, we will definitely be coming back here.