“It's okay..”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Arizona
“It's okay..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We ended up coming here because the "other" restaurant we planned on going to had to close the kitchen unexpectedly. We came inside and were promptly seated for a table of two. The servers were very friendly and we didnt have to wait very long for our food. I had a miramar pasta bowl and my gf had the clam chowder and some calamari. The food tasted good but i found two tiny pieces of hard crustacean shell in my food but im eating seafood so i just went on with it. My gf really enjoyed her clam chowder.The menu prices were competitive with other restaurants on the wharf. The calamari happy hour sampler was very good. On the bad side... Honestly, the place looks dated, run down, and weathered as the wharf itself. Part of dining out is the ambience and this place didnt have much of it. I wasnt too thrilled upon receiving my $18 bowl of pasta which at best had prawns the size of a dime. It was good but not worth the price.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wetto S

“Ahhhh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Food looked good, but had no taste! Only taste I got from the food was when I added the butter packets given with the bread. A bit pricey for plain tasting food. Service was so, so. I had to ask for a steak knive, ask for a straw, waitress didnt do to much. Never had my water refilled. Place was empty, windows cant really see out of because of the peeling plastic on them, piece of broken plastic on wood rail against window scratched my arm, why is there I asked myself. Seen people leave because their order was never taken, and noone was there for that to happen. On a positive note, the happy hour calamari was good and drink from bar was potent. I had top sirloin and lobster tail. Steak chewy and even hard to cut, lobster plain, potatoes plain, veggies plain, ask for butter it will improve the meal. probably wont go back unless there's noone else available and im starving.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Raymond R
Midwest
“Average meal in an old-school fish joint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped in Miramar for lunch because we liked the look of the place - old-school. The first thing we noticed was that there was only one other party in the restaurant - which is understandable, I suppose, since it was mid-week and before tourist season. Service was prompt and friendly - we were immediately seated at a window table overlooking the bay, drink orders taken, etc. Our lunches were both good, if nothing special. My colleague had tilapia and I had a fried sampler, both of which were tender and flavorful. Still, it wasn't the kind of seafood I'd go out of my way for.

Visited May 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“dinner on the wharf”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went in because we saw fish and chips on the menu posted outside, and that is what my daughter wanted. It was a Thursday night in April, only two other couples were there.

Service was fine. The clam chowder was ever so slightly bland, and I found the dried sage and thyme sprinkled on top to be a bit out of place. Maybe they got it confused with parsley when putting on the garnish. The fish and chips were good and plentiful.

Going with "been there, done that" no reason to go back, if I am in the area again I would pick a different place, as I like to experience as many different places as I can while on vacation.

• Visited April 2014
California
“A disappointing dinner experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Eating on the wharf is always a potluck experience. While I have been to the Miramar during the day for lunch on multiple occasions, it has been a long while since I've eaten dinner there. So we decided to try the Miramar for dinner. It will be a long time if we dine there for dinner again.

We visited on a Saturday night. We were delighted to be seared next to the floor-to-ceiling windows. The dining area lighting reminds me of the starkness of overhead bedroom lighting. Water and rolls were brought in a timely fashion after we were seated. Then the service disconnect began. After chatting for 15-20 minutes, we still had not received menus and had to flag down a service person. After another 10-15 minute delay, we were asked if we had ordered yet. The lengthy wait for our orders to arrive was punctuated by a status update and apology by the waitress. The food was average and standard fare for most restaurants on the Santa Cruz wharf.

When we dine out, we have expectations for good food and good service. Our Miramar dinner experience fell short in both areas. For those reasons, we will choose to go elsewhere when it comes to having a seafood dinner.

• Visited February 2014