“Ehhhh :/”

Dining options: Reservations
Pinole
“Ehhhh :/”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. We stepped into Miramar while on a summer staycation, we were lured by the sign advertising all day happy hour. So here's the good and the bad...
Good:
Seafood was fresh
Outdoor seating

Bad:
Service is HORRIBLE!! (Check yelp! for other reviews)
Watered down drinks (has to be the worst I've had)
Food not up to the quality expected. You get better food at Apple Bees.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 32nLuvinIt

Santa Cruz, California
“Favorite wharf restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great food on the Santa Cruz wharf with a wonderful view of the Monterey Bay and lighthouse. Beautiful sunset the last night we were there. Wonderful food selection for everyone and they are always cooked perfectly. We celebrated my mom's 90th birthday there last weekend and they pushed tables together to fit all 13 of us and had us at the window for the view. The lift to get in is a plus, as my mom can't go up and down stairs anymore. The service is good and the waiters and hostess are sweet. We highly recommend it.

Visited August 2013
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was once so very good. My thought is they have not made good changes or any changes.
I searched this restaurant out because of our experience several years ago. Took my daughter and adult grandchildren for what I told them would be great.

Outstanding view is about all we got. There were very few customers at 1PM on very busy summer day on the boardwalk. Our waiter just could not manage a smile. I'm thinking because he was doing everything. We placed our order, got our not so great calamari and then waited 1 full hour for our lunch. We ask twice about our food. The first answer we accepted we were told one of us had ordered the kabob and it took a little longer OK. Half hour later it finally came and it was!!! My daughter did order a grilled salmon salad that she said was good.

So sorry Miramar our neighbors who went there on my recommendation also said not again

• Visited July 2013
Belmont Shore, California
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The decor in the place is nothing to write home about for sure. However the food is great and we will beback again. Went with a big group of 9 of us the Wed before the July 4th holiday 2013. We sat in the bar so that we could get a ocean view and accomodate the 9 of us. The servers where attentive, and the food was great. We had a Ahi Tuna appetizer that could have passed for a entree it was so large. Excellent too! Calamari was excellant as well. Most of us had the clam chowder in a bread bowl with salad, which was only 12.95 for our main entree. Great price for the BEST CLAM CHOWDER I have had in a long time. So rich and thick most of us had to take most of it to go. (It was great the next day as well!!) One in the group had the Cioppino that was only 14.95 and so good as well. All in all for 9 of us, including drinks (wine/spirits and beers for the 6 adults) appetizers, main entrees with tax and tip was only $225.00. I think it was a great deal for the amount of people we had, and the exceptional food. We will be back for sure!

• Visited July 2013
Watsonville, California
“Go to the Miramar to get Happy at the Santa Cruz Wharf!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went down to the wharf for "Woodies on the Wharf" this last weekend. Being from Reno Nv I like classic cars so had to see all the Woodies. Haven't had good calamari since San Diego in the late 90's so why not here! After looking at all the high price offerings everywhere else I see a sign for happy hour at the Miramar Fish Grotto. To good to be true? Not at all! The Bar wasn't full so I had no trouble finding a seat. Right away "Tarra" approached me, yes the sign was right. Yup, Calamari on the happy hour menu & 7 days a week! Draft beer and Calamari less than 10 smackers! But hold on, it was Great and plenty of it! Three ladies behind the bar were busy but took time to be friendly with me. A lot of other stuff on the menu, so get on down there. You can use the Bus and say "hi" to "Tarra" for me! Ray R.

• Visited March 2013