“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was once so very good. My thought is they have not made good changes or any changes.
I searched this restaurant out because of our experience several years ago. Took my daughter and adult grandchildren for what I told them would be great.

Outstanding view is about all we got. There were very few customers at 1PM on very busy summer day on the boardwalk. Our waiter just could not manage a smile. I'm thinking because he was doing everything. We placed our order, got our not so great calamari and then waited 1 full hour for our lunch. We ask twice about our food. The first answer we accepted we were told one of us had ordered the kabob and it took a little longer OK. Half hour later it finally came and it was!!! My daughter did order a grilled salmon salad that she said was good.

So sorry Miramar our neighbors who went there on my recommendation also said not again

There are newer reviews for Miramar Fish Grotto

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The decor in the place is nothing to write home about for sure. However the food is great and we will beback again. Went with a big group of 9 of us the Wed before the July 4th holiday 2013. We sat in the bar so that we could get a ocean view and accomodate the 9 of us. The servers where attentive, and the food was great. We had a Ahi Tuna appetizer that could have passed for a entree it was so large. Excellent too! Calamari was excellant as well. Most of us had the clam chowder in a bread bowl with salad, which was only 12.95 for our main entree. Great price for the BEST CLAM CHOWDER I have had in a long time. So rich and thick most of us had to take most of it to go. (It was great the next day as well!!) One in the group had the Cioppino that was only 14.95 and so good as well. All in all for 9 of us, including drinks (wine/spirits and beers for the 6 adults) appetizers, main entrees with tax and tip was only $225.00. I think it was a great deal for the amount of people we had, and the exceptional food. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went down to the wharf for "Woodies on the Wharf" this last weekend. Being from Reno Nv I like classic cars so had to see all the Woodies. Haven't had good calamari since San Diego in the late 90's so why not here! After looking at all the high price offerings everywhere else I see a sign for happy hour at the Miramar Fish Grotto. To good to be true? Not at all! The Bar wasn't full so I had no trouble finding a seat. Right away "Tarra" approached me, yes the sign was right. Yup, Calamari on the happy hour menu & 7 days a week! Draft beer and Calamari less than 10 smackers! But hold on, it was Great and plenty of it! Three ladies behind the bar were busy but took time to be friendly with me. A lot of other stuff on the menu, so get on down there. You can use the Bus and say "hi" to "Tarra" for me! Ray R.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

mediocre food, very slow service, mandatory gratuity, food presentation was poor for the price, and the food was bland to boot. I would never go back.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped in while waking the pier because it was quiet and there was no wait. It is very dated, looks like 1974. There was virtually no one there. Our server was nice, just didn't come by enough. I had the clam chowder and salad combo. It was ok. My husband had the Cioppino because it was the special. I had never had it before. I really liked it. I've had it for two other meals on our vacation since, and while the others were better, they were at more expensive and fancy places. Overall, if I was back here again, I would order that.