“An SC trip is not complete without a Zoccoli's visit”

Zoccoli's Delicatessen
Ranked #33 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The Castroville is my alltime favorite sandwich. I lived in Santa Cruz in college and worked next door to Zoccoli's, I quickly became a regular. It's an Italian deli that's always packed (don't forget to grab a number) so you know it's good. It's relatively inexpensive and the sandwiches are always good.

8  Thank jennipoo82

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Awsome sandwichs!!!
Try the pasta salad, it rocks!

8  Thank tskelton
Reviewed June 13, 2009

My fiance and I were tired after wandering up and down Pacific Avenue and stopped for a late lunch at Zoccoli's during our Santa Cruz weekend. I ordered the Santa Cruzer and my fiance the Turkey Cranberry. They were able to accomodate my dietary needs and answered all my questions without being snarky*. The bread is absolutely outrageous: fresh, hearty and flavorful (I don't like crusts and I ate mine!). My sandwich was the perfect balance of crisp veggies and garlic-laden hummus while my fiance declared that his was "the best sandwich...ever!" They ran out of the infinite variety of breads they serve so if you have a favorite go early. Sitting outside on Pacific Avenue was breezy and casual. At six bucks a sandwich, it's not bargain-basement fare but the sandwiches are amply sized to keep your belly full for the rest of the day.

* one of the staff, I believe her name is Patty, was sarcastic to my fiance's query (as to whether a landmark down the street was a college campus as we were visitors to Santa Cruz), so for that I downgraded the service to simply "average" and their overall rating to "very good." The sandwich quality is what speaks for itself.

7  Thank LatinaTopaz
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Oakland, California
Reviewed August 31, 2008

so many sandwiches to choose from it would please anyone...only draw back is it is often very busy

7  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook