“Relaxation is what we wanted, and thats what we got!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chaminade Resort & Spa

Chaminade Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Napa, California
“Relaxation is what we wanted, and thats what we got!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Chaminade for our 1 year anniversary and baby-moon combined into one. We are so glad we chose to stay in Santa Cruz. This resort was exactly what we were looking for. The pool was awesome, the breakfast restaurant was delicious and offered some great buffet choices. The grill made me the most delicious Rib-Eye of all time, and the twice baked potato was awesome. My wife enjoyed the fish of the day, which was fresh and tasty as well. Ezra provided us with such wonderful service. He was manning the bar and serving those around it and did it with a smile, and positive attitude. He was busy, but made it seem effortless. Kudos to him. Its awesome seeing someone so busy and not being affected by it, which is easy to do.

The spa treated my wife amazingly. She got a pre-natal massage and came back so relaxed. Our doggy enjoyed his stay too. We were so glad to find out they accepted pets. He's our child and must travel with us. There is a lovely grassy area next to the pool that he enjoyed. While my wife was getting her massage, I took our dog for a walk through the hiking trails which were a lot of fun. Quite a challenge, which I didnt expect, but enjoyed.

The hotel was kind enough to provide us with a fruite and cheese plate, along with a bottle of Martinelli. Very thoughtful considering my wife is pregnant. It was a delicious treat and perfect upon arrival, after a long drive from Napa.

At check out we had a very genuine conversation with Andrew, who was there on his first day. He was very thoughtful, and was very well interested in how our stay went. They are lucky to have him. I, too, am in hospitality and would hire him in a heart beat. Good job Andrew!
All in all, it was a good time, and we hope to make it back soon!

ps. Main restaurant is buffet only, which we didnt know or werent made aware of. Great breakfast though and worth it. The bar and grill is fantastic, and offers a great view!

Room Tip: The 900's building is very close to the pool and spa, and walking trail.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was there to celebrate the wedding of friends. The accomodations were 100% (exactly) what I asked for (two Queen beds in a room that would be close to the venue because I cannot walk very far) and I was delighted. During my stay I had the experience of the superb service the Chaminade Team would give from Valet, Check-in/out Desk, Bartender, Waiters and also the management. During the reception I asked for several things and recieved them immediately (Kudos to the reception staff). I had no expectations and was completely in awe of the service. I definitely will return and I will also recommend it to anyone who is visiting the Santa Cruz, CA area.

Room Tip: When you book your room make sure you explain what you require. I was in 202 and the veranda opened...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane B
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We spent one night here. I was a little worried having read some reviews on here, but we could not find anything else suitable. Our room was a good size with 2 queen beds, which were very comfortable. The room was very quiet and in a good location, overlooking the pool area. The room décor could do with an update but overall, very pleasant. We had a very tasty lunch by the pool, but were surprised to find that our rate didn't include breakfast, so we didn't actually spend time at the hotel's main building. For 1 night, it did the job. I feel it is a little overpriced, but that is all accommodation in Santa Cruz at this time of the year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Foofighter60
Arcata, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding Anniversary at Chaminade where we got married 20 years ago. The staff treated us as royalty from making reservations, to checking in, to getting some one to drive to a nearby bakery to pick up a special anniversary cake. They peppered our visits with special treats and wonderful service. We also enjoyed an incredible Sunday brunch. Our wedding was amazing at Chaminade and watching another wedding during our visit shows that it has continued to be a memorable and special place to get married. I highly recommend staying here and if you have the chance getting married here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gayle A
Fresno, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was expecting more from a AAA Four Diamond resort. The walls are paper-thin. We were woken up by housekeeping or inconsiderate guests. We made the mistake of staying on the first floor. It sounded like bears were above us. We also had a couple of spiders staying with us. I would also like to be able to open the patio door without cigarette smoke from next door wafting in my room.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Julie K
Alameda, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Delightful, tucked away resort; I can't wait to return!

Up a road of (I think) Eucalyptus, the property is self-contained - I'm a sucker for this; I don't like to leave a delightful hideaway unless I have to. Pool - amazingly warm. Hot tub - perfect! Little gazebos. The rooms are great - perfect for a corporate getaway, with a little separate table. The beds are comfortable. The restaurant is *fantastic*, with a view of the bay. And fire tables! Who doesn't like fire with their foggy evenings?

The night we were there they'd just started their picnic-on-the-lawn thing, with movie nights by the pool. What a great idea, genius for summers!

I could've done with a bit more quiet; you definitely know you have neighbors, but NOT during fourth of July week, this would be perfect; particularly if you had a conference here.

I wish I'd know about this the last time we had to book a corporate event. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phreddiva
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were looking for a much needed time away for relaxation along with some family fun! Chaminade was the place!! It is far enough away from the crazy Santa Cruz attractions that it was easy to relax here. When we wanted to venture out, Dillion G, was able to offer us great places to eat in Capitola for the kids and us to enjoy the beach atmosphere while dining. The employees at Chaminade were wonderful. Both of my girls ended up getting the stomach flu while we were there (my other child just got over it the day we arrived) and the staff was so helpful and accommodating. The pool, volleyball and tennis courts were great. The fact that they let you borrow all the sporting equipment was superb. I saw several groups there using the pool that were also using the spa services. Great idea! Next time I am taking advantage of that! The breakfast buffet was incredible and we ate outside everyday enjoying the amazing views and grounds. At night they had fire pits available which added so much ambiance. We had the luxury suite which was good for our large family. My only suggestion was a bigger bathroom.:-( I have already recommended you to some family and look forward to when we can return. Thank you for helping us with the much needed relaxation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Grant4712
ChaminadeResort, Public Relations Manager at Chaminade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Grant,

Thank you so much for the kind comments. Keep on the lookout for our new outdoor family movie and s'mores nights during the summer.

Hopefully everyone is feeling better and we hope to see you and your family again very soon!

Cheers,