Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Breakfast included
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$139
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$499
$329
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$157
$130
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$205
$199
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
$352
$339
  • Pool
$259
$251
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$227
$216
  • Pool
All reviewshiking trailstennis courtsnice resortmain buildingforest viewthe santa cruz mountainshot tubfire pitweddingangelaconferenceretreatoceanvaletredwoodscapitolacalifornia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had our wedding at the Chaminade and we could not have had a more amazing customer service experience. Angela is a ROCK STAR! Everything that goes into making a wedding venue a success is done proper here. The service, food, rooming, lighting, drinks, convenience, and of course the view are top notch.

First of all, Angela is your guardian angel. She will solve your problems, address your concerns, and provide you with lots of information and solutions in no time at all. There is so much detail involved with weddings but Angela knows about them all and has got you covered. You can feel completely confident putting your special day in her capable hands.

Kayla was in charge of getting our room blocks in order. She was also a delight to work with and was very responsive and knowledgeable.

The entire crew of Chaminade is very well trained and professional. They've done lots of wedding and other events here so they are all pro's. The food and drinks are amazing. They do a tasting just a couple months before to guarantee seasonal food which is of course ideal.

Aaand the view. Even if it's cloudy or rainy the venue is very beautiful. But if you get a clear day, the view is second to none. There tons of open space, trees, flowers and a 180 degree view of the ocean.

The bar is open late so you can keep the party going. It was warm enough at night so we got to relax by the fire pits at night as well. Such a cool feature!

Everyone at our wedding was floored by what a wonderful place this was. I would recommend this hotel and spa to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I decided to take my family down to Santa Cruz for Mother's Day weekend. I was able to get a room at a terrific price via a discount site. I have visited the Chaminade about 9 years ago, so I was hoping that my experience would be as good as it was back them. Honestly, I saw some of the mixed reviews and was a bit worried. My worries were unfounded.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the valets were especially helpful with a little chaos that my family was experiencing at check-in. When I made my online reservation I requested a brunch reservation for my family at the on-site restaurant. This reservation was lost, and I was expecting disappointment when the hostess informed us on mothers day morning that we were not on the list. Instead, they were able to seat my family immediately.

I like the quiet location in the hills, how the property is spread-out, and that my family felt welcome. Our room was clean, quiet, and well-appointed, and looked out on a grove of trees. We could not have asked for a more relaxing weekend. My family and I will be staying here the next time we drive down to Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our daughter recently had her ceremony and reception at Chaminade. Everything was perfect, from the incredible outside ceremony site, to appetizers in the courtyard, followed by the reception in the large ballroom (Courtyard Terrace). The food was delicious and service during the meal, etc. was impeccable. We especially enjoyed working with Shannon Norfleet, the catering manager, who was extremely helpful and accommodating: he was very professional, yet made planning the wedding fun. He was always available to talk and address all our concerns. We also had contact with Angela Edmond, who was also very helpful and always available. We couldn't have been happier with the outcome of daughter's special day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We recently spent 5 nights at this resort attending an on-site wedding. The food was good, the views were terrific and the staff was uniformly friendly. The location is convenient to all of the Cal. coast south of San Francisco down to Carmel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a work off-site. Upon arrival, I observed mosquitos in my room. I called the front desk to determine if the resort would change my room, they refused saying that mosquitos were common. During the night, I was bitten several times.

The room itself was outdated and dirty. For example, there were rings and dust on top of and underneath the glass table tops. The bed posts were also very dusty. There were dust bunnies behind the bedside tables, which I found when I searched for a place to plug in my computer (there was none bedside). The safe in the room had a hole where the lock was supposed to be inserted. In addition, the safe was unusually small regardless. I was unable to place my normal sized laptop in the safe.

The room was not secure. The building doors were left propped open or unlocked all evening. There was no mini bar. The front desk clerk stated that there were vending machines available; however, I determined that the vending machine was located in the pool area and not even in the building. I asked for a cappuccino for two mornings in a row, and both times, different waitresses warned me not to have one because they said they were "terrible" or like ones you would get in a 7-Eleven. I began to wonder if they had a machine at all or it was broken.

Finally, the circuit training equipment in the workout room was old and limited, and the cushions on the spa lounge chairs were stained and mildewed.

I was finally moved to another room, which after my complaints, was thoroughly cleaned. This place needs a major overhaul.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business