We were pretty stuck trying to find last minute B&B in Santa Cruz as darkness fell,having cancelled our last night in Yosemite.Luckily, we found this gem.Couldn't believe what we got for our money ($150) just before off-season.Good, well-supplied kitchen, roomy bedroom,decent bathroom, big fridge/freezer and - most importantly - a huge balcony with nice tables and sunshades overlooking the beach and wharf.The only sound at night was crashing surf.This was despite the main road just below us (which would normally make a place a 'no' for me), but somehow because you are high up and set back from the road, it made no impact.The balcony is shared with others but this was fine, it is plenty roomy.I could have just sat on it with a good book and enjoyed a day relaxing,if we didn't have to move on.We were told it was a 'light' continental breakfast served in the hall which you then take to your room.In fact, there were various bagels,cakes,granola,yoghurts etc.And we didn't need to worry about making tea/coffee as we had our own supplies but those were supplied at breakfast also.It was delightful sitting in warm morning sunshine ,on the big balcony , enjoying such a peaceful, palm-fringed start to the day.After a pretty dismal experience in Yosemite's Housekeeping Camp(for which we paid the privilege of about $105 per night ) we were so pleased at finding this characterful place - and with great free parking.The hotel is only a 10 minute walk to the main shopping street and minutes to the boardwalk.The Thai restaurant next door offers reasonable food at a decent price and was perfect for a late night carryout meal without having to trawl through a new city to find somewhere - very nice people owning it too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historical Casablanca Inn is strategically located across the street from the Santa Cruz beach, a block away from the wharf and the boardwalk. All our rooms are beautifully decorated and have a breathtaking view of the beach. Some of our rooms have a unique design which reflects the distinct character of the historic Cerf Mansion. Over the years, the Casablanca Inn has been fortunate enough to cater to some of the most influential and famous personalities of our time, which has immensely appreciated the elegance that our hotel has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Casablanca Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casablanca Inn & Bistro Hotel Santa Cruz
- Casablanca Inn And Bistro
- Casa Blanca Hotel
- Casa Blanca Motel