“DELICIOUS HOT BAR and great supplements/grocery too!”

Staff of Life Natural Foods
Ranked #169 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was especially pleased tonight that I asked a friend here - he was thrilled with the hot bar food selection - the deli counter too, and the juice/beverage bar. I tend to come here for lunch - the food is reasonably priced for the health conscious consumer - and they do organic so well!! Locally owned; since they moved to this new location there is MUCH more to recommend it - it is sparkling clean, you may dine on their patio area, and have everything fresh to your heart's content. REMARKABLE improvements. Truly great recipes with variety - vegetarian, fish, pasta, meat - you name it! Staff is a joy to have in town, and accomodating as only local businesses can be! Near 24 Hour Fitness too - what a great area for healthy living!

Date of visit: October 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visiting from Oahu, we don't have alot of organic, natural food stores. My daughter took me and what an awesome store!! You are ver lucky to have such a great store. I have shopped quite a bit there since I have come, sure do wish I could take it back with me.
Aloha!!

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank foreversurfgirl
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been a customer of the Staff for over thirty years..The best prices in town for all your healthy needs..friendly staff..great takeout food..Organic Meat and Fish..a nice sit down cafe for Juice and food..wonderful price on supplements and self-care products..My favorite, and I will continue to shop at the Staff of Life..cant be beat. and the owner is a real supporter in our community....

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank Ronne M
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is pricey, but isn't everything that is healthy, organic, non-GMO, etcetera, etcetera these days? I found the bin selection fantastic, but the groceries could have more variety. Good spot as an alternative to Whole Foods.

Date of visit: April 2013
1  Thank Dani M
Reviewed June 28, 2012

If you like to shop in natural food stores and are looking for an alternative to the chains (WF) try Staff of Life - a Santa Cruz So. favorite for over 35 years!!!! This place has everything...from a relaxing outdoor area with water feature and espresso bar to a hot food bar featuring many different vegetarian options everyday! They even serve breakfast in the AM....plus yummy bakery treats. Also a great body care and vitamin section. Wonderful meat counter as well as seafood...all in all a find! shop like a local at Staff of Life!!!

Date of visit: June 2012