“No complaints”

Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stopped here for 1 night while touring California.
Fairly cheap typical 2 storey motel with the big advantage that it is located close to the boardwalk including the famous wooden rollercoaster (sadly this was closed the night we stayed) beaches and the wharf.
Nothing to complain about - clean (although the carpet was a bit grimy), good bathroom, fridge, microwave, air con, flat screen TV with HBO.
Free breakfast which was usual US fare - muffins, cereals, bread, etc. in a small dining room.
Limited but free parking.
Nothing particularly praiseworthy or special to commend it but, for this price, I'd stay again for a stopover.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Decent place for the money, we stayed in the room after a long day on the boardwalk. Rooms are small and the beds moderately comfortable. I stay in a lot of hotels for business, this was pretty good, and the location is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights the week of Sep. 9th.....check in and out was easy - Artie was very helpful and allowed us to use her computer for a quick change to my car rental. (Thank you) Room on top floor - back corner - two queen beds was very quiet as requested and clean. Would definitely recommend staying here to everyone. THANK YOU again Artie - my wife and I enjoyed our stay in Santa Cruz.....

Room Tip: Top floor - back corner two queen room was very quiet & clean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

2blocks away from beach and a price you can't beat. Easy Walk to Board walk and to the Wharf. The room is very well maintained and exceptionally clean. Small pool with chairs to relax at end of day.definitely recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you are looking for somewhere close to the boardwalk and beach but in a quiet location this place is ideal. We were upgraded when we arrived so I'm not sure what we were supposed to get but we ended up with two queen size beds, a large bathroom, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and tv. We checked in early and left late but the receptionists were fine with that and were very friendly. Breakfast too was pretty decent and we loved the waffle maker. It was everything we would expect from a chain hotel like this so we were very happy. The only downside was 6000 miles is a long way to travel to find there's no surf! (But I'll forgive comfort inn for this).

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is 2 blocks from the Beach Boardwalk, so a great location if that's why you're in Santa Cruz. There are a couple of small markets between the hotel and the boardwalk, we stopped for essentials like water and milk.
The room we booked was a king suite. When traveling with my kids (ages 8 and 4) I really like having two rooms, because once they go to bed I don't feel like just sitting there in the dark! So, this worked well. The rooms were nothing fancy but very adequate and quiet. There were tvs both rooms, and the kid's bed was a sofa bed, but comfortable enough. King bed was fine. Bathroom was fine, just everything you'd expect from a budget hotel.
You probably wouldn't use the pool, it's very exposed, and small. In fact my son was calling it a hot tub.
Staff very friendly, although room service accidently left my door unlocked!!
Breakfast wasn't very good, but I really had no expectations.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel is you're stay is about the Beach and you didn't need to spend a lot of time in your room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We came into town at 10 am. I asked for a room and they had one. It was more than I wanted to pay. The man at the desk reduced the rate and gave us a king room. He did not want us to go elsewhere. The rooms are updated and modern. Very clean. Short 5 minute walk to the Boardwalk. We really enjoyed our stay. It was the walk to the Boardwalk that was a bit scary. There is an apartment complex on the same side of the street that was really sketchy and made me nervous. The parking was an issue. They don't have much and a very tight squeeze. In all we had a great stay and would definitely stay again. The breakfast was a continental.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the street but it is pretty quiet. Very clean. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends