“Great Hotel for the Price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Kenosha, WI
“Great Hotel for the Price”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

As we were driving down the PCH, my son found out that Santa Cruz was one of the next stops, so they quickly pulled out the AAA book and started searching for hotels. They called this one and got a room. When we pulled in, it looked like a nice hotel. We checked in with no problems, and proceeded to our room. The room was nice and clean and loved the layout. The kids quickly got changed into their swimsuits and dove in. The only thing that upset them was the fact that some one dripped red stain on the pool deck from the fence, so they sat and thought it was blood. Pool was actually nice, but we are starting to think that hotels in the west use salt water not chlorine. They quickly got dressed and we walked to Bill's Wheels to purchase a skateboard for my son. After that, we walked to the boardwalk, my daughter and I walked alone and were uncomfortable, but then the boys walked back to the hotel with us. Other than that, we had no problems, enjoyed our stay. The WIFI code did not work, so for the night we stayed, the kids were unable to get online. The front desk told us that it was our computer that didn't work so that is why the code didn't work. We did grab breakfast from the hotel, which the breakfast area is quite small. We took our food back to our room. We will stay here again and like the fact it was centrally located.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SwannysWB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We just stayed for one night. Found motel to be clean and simple, bed a bit lumpy but slept soundly enough. In walking distance of the boardwalk and the free breakfast was ok.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I cannot express enough, how "DISAPPOINTED & UPSET" we ll were when we arrived to the QUALITY INN HOTEL. When I made the arrangements for 3 rooms, I clarified several times that I was traveling with 2 Elderly people & another caretaker. The lady is 101 and her son 82 with Parkinson's Disease. I made certain they understood we needed 3 downstair rooms; as the comments I had read prior to booking mentioned they did not have an elevator. I was told there would be no problem with those accomodations. I let them know the difficulty they both had in walking. They both use walkers and cannot walk very far regardless, especially the son who has Parkinson's.

As I went to check in. the receptionist said we have your 3 rooms ready, they are upstairs. I said I called and said they had to be downstairs, I have elderly people we are caring for. She said we are booked and we only have the 3 rooms upstairs. I explained the situation with their ages & medical condition, etc... we just went back and forth. Sadly, it was late and no other hotels were available.

Needless to say, the service was terrible, no care was shown for the elderly people. We had to leave the Mom in the car, while the other caretaker and I carefully walked her son up the stairs. We went back and brought his mother up to her room right after. None of us were pleased with the rooms, they look old and unclean. I had to carry luggage up the stairs for 4 people and two walkers. It was the worst HOTEL experience I've ever had in my life.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL... it's aweful to go through all that, and not be offered any compensation for all the trouble and inconvenience that was encountered by the four of us.... We would never stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank CozyRozy
Napa, California
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Ok my friends we check in the internet for a place with swimming pool for my kids,in the web looks nice and big, well the pool is the size of this pool is 10 by 8 feet out door with a lot of garbage, the rooms in a really but conditions, we tack to the receptionist and let hem know that we did not want this room, we did not have our refund back and we end having to pay for and other room in the motel next to this one again Quality inn sucks big time, VERY DIRTY

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank soles1
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We recently stayed at the Quality inn -- Santa Cruz with our daughters and had a wonderful experience from check-in to check-out. The hotel location itself is close to everything, a short walk to downtown and just a quick drive to the beach. The staff was friendly, very helpful with directions and the receptionist was very knowledgeable about the area. Our connecting rooms were spacious and clean, and the continental breakfast even had hot waffles! We had a wonderful time with our girls, and will definitely return later this year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed free through Choice Privileges points, and still felt like a ripoff. The room itself was in passable shape, and that is the best that can be said. The aging building is in a neighborhood befitting the realtor euphemism "in transition." The staff was minimally responsive, and the promise of rollaway bed availability was pure fiction. The free breakfast was pitiful in both variety and quality. How, I ask, do you manage to screw up the batter for the waffle iron? Bright spot: the ice cream shop across the street was terrific.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank opusRaleigh
bradford, West Yorkshire
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Had a couple of nights here recently. Received a very warm & helpful welcome from the receptionist. Had requested a quiet room, and was given one at some distance from the road, which was fine. Room was very clean & comfortable. Best of all perhaps, as we were getting over a long & tiring flight, was it's proximity to a popular local diner, an independent coffee shop & terrific ice-cream parlour! Within an easy walk to the centre of town.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple