Lowest prices for your stay
$81
Suburban
$80
Free cancellation until 02/17/23
$81
Hotels.com$81
Vio.com$81
Hurb$90
All reviews the hotel manager third floor coffee maker motel boardwalk pillows refrigerator ocean sc
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

I spent twice a night at the Quality inn and was welcomed always with great friedliness a pleasant attitude, Mr Patel, the manager, is an asset to the Inn. Despite my early arrival I could immediately enter the room. The location is top, close to downtown, not far from ocean. The room is functional, very clean and well maintained. Breakfast is also included in the reasonable price. Overall a recommendation, if you visit Santa Cruz.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

After a five and a half hour drive through bumper to bumper traffic, we arrived to find the office locked. We rang the bell and waited several minutes. When the employee finally arrived l, he acted like we were an inconvenience. When we gave him our name, he informed us that he called us a few hours earlier and when we didn't answer the phone he gave our room away. We were flabbergasted. Our adult daughter had checked into her room just hours before, and she told him we were on our way. His excuse was that our credit card "didn't go through." I had used that card to make the reservation and it was perfectly fine! We patiently tried to explain that since it's against the law to use a cell phone while driving, the phone he called ONCE was put away. He didn't care. He just kept saying, "you didn't answer the phone." It seems, though, that this was probably a blessing in disguise. When we went to our daughter's room to explain the situation to her, we could clearly hear her neighbors through the paper thin walls. The carpet was filthy. I briefly sat on the bed and it was one of the thinnest mattresses I've ever sat on. To sum it up, this place was a dump! The parking lot was more than half empty, and it was almost 10 pm, so I'm not sure when all these supposed guests are arriving, but we are on our way to the Best Western, and Choice Hotels will never see my business again.

1  Thank Myswede
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here only for a night but would stay again. The room was clean and had plenty of room for us to set up a pack n play. Breakfast was perfect for a toddler: cereal, waffles, bananas, juice, milk, etc. Manager was very kind and professional.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Large and spotlessly clean room! Very confortable bed and everything smells so good in the room. Excellent wi-fi signal and breakfast included!!! Very helpful and friendly manager. I have been to other hotels in Santa Cruz but definitely this has the best cost benefit. I will surely come back and I do recommend it.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

When we first drove into the property we weren't sure how good our stay would be. We made the reservation because of the location and its proximity to family and friends in the area. We were pleasantly surprised to find our second floor room at the back of the property to be clean, spacious and comfortable. It was also very quiet which was a surprise since Ocean Street is a very busy area. A good value in Santa Cruz.

Room tip: Don't expect much from the pool. It is tiny. Rooms toward the back of the property are quiet.
Date of stay: September 2017