“Great simple hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my three children, ages 8-12, on July 4th, 2014. Making the reservation on their website was simple. Check-in went smoothly and the guy at the front desk was extremely friendly. The room was a great size and very clean. Beds and pillows were cozy, the kids slept great! My kids loved the complimentary breakfast, sausage, eggs and English muffins to make breakfast sandwiches. Fruit, danishs, muffins, toast, coffee, orange juice and even a waffle maker. I would absolutely stay at The Quality Inn Santa Cruz again.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Chrisstiana N

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I am working in Santa Cruz temporarily, and have stayed three times at this hotel for three to four consecutive nights. The staff is friendly and lets me know that they appreciate my business. I have always stayed in a king room and the rooms are clean with beds that are surprisingly comfortable. I have made good use of the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathrooms are updated, there's plenty of hot water, and the bathroom amenities are better than most. The rooms also have a desk and a reliable internet connection. This hotel is located away from the boardwalk, so it is quiet, and there is plenty of parking. I left my toothbrush charger in one of the rooms and the staff made an effort to locate it and return ait me when I returned the following week. Since I leave so early in the morning, the staff has always emailed me a copy of my receipt on the day of checkout. I have stayed at another hotel much closer to the boardwalk, and this hotel, for a few extra dollars is a much better value.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this inn on our way to San Francisco from Los Angeles while traveling along Pacific Coast Hwy. We chose to stay in Santa Cruz as the hotel prices were more reasonably priced than San Francisco and we did not mind the short scenic drive. We found the staff very nice and pleasant at check in and check out. The room was nice and clean with comfortable beds. The bath had all amenities and plenty of towels. The room had coffee maker and wifi. Upon check out we enjoyed a good continental breakfast which was a great start to our morning drive to San Francisco.

Room Tip: Join Choice Privileges if you are not already a member. Front desk will sign you up. Just Ask...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a 'mo'tel, plain and simple. Checked in for one night 22JUN after a long day at the beach/boardwalk pretty quickly. I had a problem with the clerk not wanting to issue me extra towels! IDK what he thought I was going to do with them. I actually had to explain that we were at the beach and we would actually like to bath more than once during our stay! Even then, he would only give me drying towels???? Anywho...The location is not safe and I won't be back. As shown in the picture, the door is not even attached securely. We went for breakfast around 9 and it was not an abundance of foods. There was no sign of anyone to fill the foods even though it was not supposed to be over until 1030. We had to ask for the coffee to be filled for goodness sake. The beds were comfy and the water in the bathroom was hot; all good for a one night stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tosham
Reviewed June 16, 2014

During last month Capitola 1/2 Marathon race. I was desperately looking for room in this area. Called this facility and got nice response from manager with great rate. Arrived on facility and received by very polite and helpful staff. Room was in back top floor so was quite and was very clean. In morning breakfast was included so checked it out and find lots of good options before race. Overall, had good stay due to staff, and facility location with right price.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Milind P
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. Very affordable considering the location, which is great. We woke up expecting the usual boring continental breakfast and were very pleasantly surprised by fresh made waffles, sausage and much more! I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Budget on the coast is not cheap at almost $160 a night. No curve appeal. We had no reservations as we did not know how far we were going to get. Usually Choice hotels are a good budget choice, this time it was a bit high.
Location- 20 min walking to downtown. Is not a good location unless you have a car.
Reception. Very friendly
Breakfast-normal choice hotels in a very reduced space.
Room-very clean, well furnished with two queen beds.
Light for reading –good but needs lamp by bed
Bed –Comfortable. Lots of pillows will lose the bedspread not very hygienic as they don’t wash it for every guest. Most hotels no longer have them.
Air Conditioning-Heater-Good but very noisy
Wi-Fi- Good
TV- Very good size
Refrigerator- not too noisy and a microwave
Room for bags-plenty
Tea Kettle or coffee maker- yes
Bathroom-regular amenities, clean
Shower pressure- a bit low but good enough, it needs cleaning.
Cloths line- no
Safety bar in bathroom-yes
Towels-Lots nice and clean
Amenities –normal
Hair dryer-wall good power
Full length mirror-yes
Makeup mirror -no
Parking –yes need some trash cans in the parking lot. Some gardening or decoration will help, the premises have no curve appeal.
Laundry-no self serve