“My 13 year old opened the door to two naked people having sex”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I rented a room rate Saturday night @250. My credit card was charged 477. My 13 year old son and I got I key to the room he opened the door and there was a naked man and woman in the bed. I went to the desk to let them know and get a key for another room and asked the the phone number to corporate office. That is when the very rude lady at the front desk asked me to leave. She told me she was not going to let me stay there. All I did was ask for the phone number to make a complaint. When I attempted to get a room else where my credit card was declined due to the 477 charge placed by Quality Inn. My son was shaking he was so upset and when I told him we were going to have to drive three hours back home and he could not go to the boardwalk the next day he was devastated. I called the complaint phone number and never received a call back instead I received a letter from the hotel Manager that turned me away they were disappointed to learn that I was unhappy with my stay. What stay they stole my money and turned me and my 13 year old son away at 11PM. Really is this how you treat people. I will never stay at another one of your hotels again. What you did to me and my son was criminal. I am coping this complaint and posting it on every site I can so other people will know how your company operates.

Room Tip: Stole money from my account $477.00. Then turned me away and refused me a room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
96  Thank Jill J
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was taking a mini vacation in the Santa Cruz Area for a few days with 2 other adults and 4 children. I usually travel alone for personal/business and stay at high end hotels so I really had a hard time finding a nice place for my budget and needs. This place fulfilled that need.

The staff were nice and friendly. I called ahead of time to request for the rooms to be next to each other and if possible be adjoining rooms. I was pleasantly surprised that my request was fulfilled. The check in was quick and very efficient, the rooms were ready, the areas were neat and tidy, room sizes were spacious, big beds - very comfortable, flat screen televisions, coffee makers, fridge/freezer, microwaves, big bathrooms and wardrobes and working desks. Everything were well-maintained. It looks like the place has just been newly renovated.

The complementary breakfast is wonderful, especially for the kids. There were lots of selections provided - breads, various pastries and muffins, cereals, hard boiled eggs, fried eggs and sausage links. They also had a waffle maker (you can make your own mini waffles 4 at a time). Your morning typical beverages were also available - orange juice, apple juice, milk and fresh brewed coffee. The staff made sure that the room stayed clean and food was well stocked.

The pool area was clean, had plenty of chairs and couple umbrellas. The actual pool was fairly small but the children loved it so that is all I cared about.

Not particularly close to the beaches, boardwalk, or downtown but with a vehicle it was only about 5 to 10 minutes drive (close enough). There is a McDonalds, coffee shop and Ice cream parlor across the street. There are also varieties of restaurants in the same street.

Even though they forgot to provide a coffee in the room one of the days I was there, I am still giving them 4 stars because it was a wonderful experience from check-in to check-out. I would definitely come back there with my family.

2  Thank ditling
Reviewed September 3, 2013

For the price this hotel was awful. Management thought that if they painted the walls white and added a new TV, this place would be palatable. The shower/bathroom area was dirty with mold, I hated to touch anything in the room. Even my kids didn't want to hang out here and we were here with several other families for a soccer tournament. I would have rather camped and the rates were ludicrous given the quality. There will never be a next time.

Room Tip: Pay more and go elsewhere to a new hotel.
6  Thank pamacita1969
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A reasonably priced hotel with large, comfortable rooms, decent shower, and standard in-room amenities. We didn't experience any noise from neighboring rooms and had plenty of cooling capacity for the warm days we spent at his hotel. The "free" continental breakfast, however, was one of the worse I've seen. Very little variety and limited dining room space.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lenus1
Reviewed August 27, 2013

OK, first things first, if you are staying here on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday you are going to be paying double what I paid on a Wednesday night but that rule seems to apply to every hotel in this area during the summer months.

For a hotel, this one is easy to miss and drive right by, but if watching the budget is important and you are looking for friendly staff and clean updated rooms then this place should be one of your choices. I don't need to be close to the beach or see the ocean on business trips and you can NOT see any of those things from here nor is the beach within comfortable walking distance but I do think there is value here if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: I was in room 102 which is on the first floor and near the stairs. The noise and foot traffic outsid...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark916
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed here on 3 different occasions. Every time I get a nice, clean, comfortable room at a very good price. The hotel staff has always been helpful and the hotel is walking distance to the downtown shops and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff N
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a hard time finding a nice hotel for our budget and needs. We were very happy with Quality Inn as it has everything you want in a hotel; clean beds, clean bathrooms and a good breakfast. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating to everyone who came in the door.

We will visit again.