“Clean, Quiet, & Comfortable for Short Stays”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A reasonably priced hotel with large, comfortable rooms, decent shower, and standard in-room amenities. We didn't experience any noise from neighboring rooms and had plenty of cooling capacity for the warm days we spent at his hotel. The "free" continental breakfast, however, was one of the worse I've seen. Very little variety and limited dining room space.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lenus1
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed August 27, 2013

OK, first things first, if you are staying here on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday you are going to be paying double what I paid on a Wednesday night but that rule seems to apply to every hotel in this area during the summer months.

For a hotel, this one is easy to miss and drive right by, but if watching the budget is important and you are looking for friendly staff and clean updated rooms then this place should be one of your choices. I don't need to be close to the beach or see the ocean on business trips and you can NOT see any of those things from here nor is the beach within comfortable walking distance but I do think there is value here if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: I was in room 102 which is on the first floor and near the stairs. The noise and foot traffic outsid...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark916
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed here on 3 different occasions. Every time I get a nice, clean, comfortable room at a very good price. The hotel staff has always been helpful and the hotel is walking distance to the downtown shops and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff N
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a hard time finding a nice hotel for our budget and needs. We were very happy with Quality Inn as it has everything you want in a hotel; clean beds, clean bathrooms and a good breakfast. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating to everyone who came in the door.

We will visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VillatoroFamilia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I were visiting my sister in Santa Cruz, and needed an inexpensive hotel for our stay that had reviewed fairly well. This filled the bill. The room was large, the breakfast was Quality Inn standard but with special care taken by management to spiff the room up a bit beyond the usual Quality Inn ambience, and all in all we enjoyed our sojourn here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnArborMiBob
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Santa Cruz, CA. It was a busy weekend, but my stay was very enjoyable. The staff was very helpful, the room clean and spacious, and the location perfect for my needs. I will stay there again. I loved the large pots of tall geraniums!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marsha N
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel has become my go to spot when I visit Santa Cruz. The rooms have nice TV's, refrigerators, and microwaves. The prices are very reasonable for the area. The hotel is close to the beach, amusement park, and downtown Santa Cruz if you are driving. The area is quiet and the freeway entrance is not far away. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Upndra is a very nice guy and I will look forward to visiting with him the next time I am in town. Cary Foster 7/26/13

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo