All reviewswafflesroom was cleanmr patelocean streetovernight staywaffle makerno elevatorcontinental breakfastpleasant staythe breakfast areathird floortwo queen bedsone night stayclose to downtownchecking invisit santa cruzupon check
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Were pleasantly surprised by our stay here. It was the cheapest place we stayed at during our vacation and was comfortable and better value than some other places we stayed in California. Room was clean and comfortable and had very nice amenities for the price (internet access, fridge, microwave, good TV). Beds were comfortable, towels nice, shower good. Breakfast was included and was above average - only drawback was there are only a few chairs and you are discouraged from taking the food back to your room and pool area was a little chilly to sit in first thing in the morning. Staff were friendly and very helpful and clearly proud of their hotel and making an effort to keep it nice. Hotel pool was clean and nice and warm and our kids loved it. Only minor issues were tap in bathroom sink was hard to turn on so our kids always needed our help and we could hear some noise from outside/other rooms sometimes. Location is very convenient for driving - near town but also near highway - and was a 10-15 min walk to Pacific Ave. Also had a laundry around the corner which was helpful for us. Maybe a 4.5 stars for me - overall I'd recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MHfamily
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Me and my wife traveled to Santa Cruz for a min-vacation. We checked in, and the front desk staff was extremely kind and helpful. When we got to the room, it was very clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable and I had a great sleep both nights.It was close to the downtown area, When I left, I felt like I had gotten a great value for the money I spent here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jonothan M
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had reserved a room for 1 night. We used 20000 reward points to stay here. We had some problems with housekeeping issues here. There was a dirty cup with used soap in it on the sink when we arrived. There was only one towel in the room and no spare toilet paper. The microwave oven was broken. There was bright red blood on the bed linens which we only noticed after pulling back the top sheet completely. Whenever we brought something to the staff's attention they were friendly and helpful, but we were not pleased that there were so many issues and would not stay here again. I rated this "poor" instead of "terrible" because at least the staff was responsive, which is very important to us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank backnforth2nfro
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our room literally smelled as if it was fresh-painted in the last week. It was exceptionally clean - the beds had crisp, fresh clean linens, the counters in the bathroom were granite quality and it was spotless.

The breakfast area was very tight. I'm sure in the off-season this isn't a problem, but it was hard to move around without bumping into people.

Service was great - price was good, and it was all close to boardwalk and UC Santa Cruz campus

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pgking
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Clean, room didn't smell, mattress was comfortable... not much more you can ask for in a 2-star hotel... free continental breakfast.... helpful, friendly front desk service... Overall great experience...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple