All reviewswafflesroom was cleanmr patelocean streetovernight staywaffle makerno elevatorcontinental breakfastpleasant staythe breakfast areathird floortwo queen bedsone night stayclose to downtownchecking invisit santa cruzupon check
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had reserved a room for 1 night. We used 20000 reward points to stay here. We had some problems with housekeeping issues here. There was a dirty cup with used soap in it on the sink when we arrived. There was only one towel in the room and no spare toilet paper. The microwave oven was broken. There was bright red blood on the bed linens which we only noticed after pulling back the top sheet completely. Whenever we brought something to the staff's attention they were friendly and helpful, but we were not pleased that there were so many issues and would not stay here again. I rated this "poor" instead of "terrible" because at least the staff was responsive, which is very important to us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank backnforth2nfro
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our room literally smelled as if it was fresh-painted in the last week. It was exceptionally clean - the beds had crisp, fresh clean linens, the counters in the bathroom were granite quality and it was spotless.

The breakfast area was very tight. I'm sure in the off-season this isn't a problem, but it was hard to move around without bumping into people.

Service was great - price was good, and it was all close to boardwalk and UC Santa Cruz campus

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pgking
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Clean, room didn't smell, mattress was comfortable... not much more you can ask for in a 2-star hotel... free continental breakfast.... helpful, friendly front desk service... Overall great experience...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank P D
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Good price service ratio, clean. I had a king size room for 76 tax incl. and was very happy with it

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank PepeHohl
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I drove a further 30 minutes to get away from Monterey and all the Indian owned motels and lo and behold this motel was also owned by Indians but by then I was too tired so decided to risk it even though past experiences with Indian owned motels have been bad.
But thankfully the room was ok. It was clean and it was quiet and everything worked except for the remote which was missing the power button but was replaced (after having to call front desk twice).
The price is reasonable I guess but be sure to clarify which rate you get because apparently not all rates allow you to get points for the stay.
I would stay here again if I pass through.

Room Tip: I got a room on the 3rd floor at the back of the property and is far from the road and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo