All reviewswafflesroom was cleanmr patelocean streetovernight staywaffle makerno elevatorcontinental breakfastpleasant staythe breakfast areathird floortwo queen bedsone night stayclose to downtownchecking invisit santa cruzupon check
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Overall a good stay for the price and location. A little old but clean and quiet for the few nights I stayed over in Santa Cruz for work.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank away_4_business
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Ok, we are not whiners or overly particular. We have (my wife and I) have been on a road trip for 2 months and have stayed at over 50 motels/hotels. This one is overpriced for what you get. The rooms are still "50's". Bath is worn and bed kinda lumpy. A lot of the screens on the rooms are bent. (What does that tell you.) The desk clerk could care less about his job. So....in a nutshell, Santa Cruz is a dump but this motel is ok but not worth the money. I'll let you know in the morning if my car didn't get broken into. Plus...wait there is more...the sofa in our room has several semen spots. I tried turning the cusions over and saw that someone had beaten me to it. Much worse. They give you 2 bath towels so we didn't have any extras to put on tje sofa. Yuk!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roy R
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Needs an overhaul. Do not stay here unless it's your last resort.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SoCalTraveler001
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Santa Cruz has a long boardwalk and a huge amusement park which would be a great place to bring the kids. They won't get bored. The Quality Inn is not one of the newer motels, but the owners have done a nice job of keeping it up with fresh paint and it's really clean. They have pots of geraniums on all the landings which give the place a nice atmosphere. The rooms again are pretty old, but they have new furnishings, a big screen TV, small fridge and the usual coffee setup. A large sofa and a small table with two chairs. The king bed was very comfortable with good quality linens. The pillows though were small and puffy, but as I like a flat pillow that's just a personal choice. They serve a continental breakfast in the morning with a waffle maker, boiled eggs, fruit, breads, pastries and cereals, etc. It's good value for the money considering it's a very big holiday place and just a short drive to the ocean. One thing which I thought was a nice touch were the designer drapes with pelmet. The bathroom was a bit dated but very clean and most of all after a long drive, their shower was really powerful with loads of hot water! A curious thing though were the two framed prints on the walls - they were the exact same print. I've seen this in other motels too - in fact I was in one motel and they had three of the exact same framed prints - somebody wasn't paying attention obviously. Even though we only stayed one night we found the staff to be very friendly and courteous asking us next morning how was our stay. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: It's a stright shot to the beach by car.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Staffs are friendly and polite especially when they serve breakfast in the morning. The towels are clean. The rooms are just like the pictures with good furniture. The TV programs are great. It is very spacious room. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo