“Good one night stay”

Best Western Plus All Suites Inn
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Room was large, clean and quiet. Enjoyed the location and being so close to everything. The breakfast was good, the usual free buffet. Didn't use the spa, it looks small. Parking is underneath the hotel, the garbage can was overflowing but otherwise it was fine. Like having the open stairway next to the elevator, it is convenient if you don't want to wait.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank travelmore300
BWAS95060, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you very much for leaving us a review! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hot tub and fitness center are amenities that our guests love. We also have a total of 4 stairwells throughout the property for the convenience of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My family went to Santa Cruz for vacation and choose Best Western for the price. we were truly surprised with the great accommodations and location to the Boardwalk. The staff was great and the room was very roomy. We will be returning next year.

1  Thank Debra H
BWAS95060, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave us a review! I’m glad to hear that you loved your room and our staff. I will be sharing your kind words with our entire team at our next meeting. We’ll see you next year!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The best parts were Clara who was on the front desk when we checked in, housekeeping and the complete choice of breakfast items. Other than that it was just ok. I'd recommend a room on the second floor as then you can walk up the atrium stairs and not wait for the elevator. Our room was clean and utilitarian. The air conditioner kept going on and off with the off cycles way too long. Bathroom and vanity were clean and well lit. Parking is under the building and snug but not too tight. Just overall not the quality of Best Westerns that we have encountered. It was a good value for the price we paid and we would go back...just can't rate it higher or it might raise expectations.

4  Thank los_companeros

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I will share your compliments with Clara and our housekeeping and breakfast staff! I’m sorry that not everything about your stay exceeded your expectations, and we will definitely use your review to help us implement changes in the future so that other guests don’t have the same frustrations you had. If you would like to speak with me directly about your stay or any future stays, you can contact me directly at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com or by phone at 831-458-9898.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stopped here on part of a road trip from Vancouver down the coastline all the way to Anaheim. Some of these reviews seem a bit harsh, I thought the hotel was very pleasant. The location is great, especially if you want to get to the pier. They have a shuttle that will run there quite often.

The rooms were large, which was important as we had a group of 5. I thought the layout worked well for us and while we had an interior room, I didn't at all get a trapped feeling. The amenities were nice, the gym had a few machines but seemed to be well maintained, and the jacuzzi and sauna were nice and relaxing after a long day of driving! It's also very close to a nice downtown area with restaurants and shops (including Trader Joe's) so we liked that feature as well.

The best part (but really) was that there was free breakfast! This was a great feature considering we had a group of college aged kids with us. Everyone could wake up at their leisure and mosey down to the lobby to grab some grub. Overall great stay and had just what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jess M
BWAS95060, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your awesome review! I’m so happy to hear that you had such a great time. Being an all suites property, our rooms are quite large and great for giving everyone in the party some room to stretch out. I’m glad to hear that you liked your room, and that the hot-tub and sauna helped you relax after a long day of traveling.
The Trolley from Downtown Santa Cruz to the Santa Cruz Wharf is a fantastic resource for our guests, being only about a 5-10 minute walk away, and at $0.25/person, the price can’t be beat! The breakfast is also a really great amenity saving you a lot of time and money, and letting everyone wake up at whatever time is best for them and still have something to eat as soon as they’re up. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Room is dark and depressing. And we had an upgrade. We had two skylights in the room and it was still a cave. Has a grunge factor to the place. People were nice at the front desk but there is a definite hostel feeling to this place. The gym is only open at 9 am unless the guests that share a common wall have checked out early. One of the worst hotels I have stayed in for a while. To be fair, this was my first time in Santa Cruz and I was expecting more quaintness. That said, if I was 23 this place would be perfect. At 47, not so much. Skip it unless you are used to dorm or prison life.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade which should put you into a less than average room.
2  Thank SRV42014

I am so sorry you felt your room was like a dungeon. It seems like you must have received one of our interior rooms. While these rooms do not get any natural light, they are perfect for people who want a quiet room away from the street. The interior rooms are ideal for daytime sleepers, light sleepers who don’t like traffic noise, or people who like the security of not having any windows to the exterior of the property such as single women traveling alone or with small children. I wish you had reported your dissatisfaction while you were here so that we could have moved you to another room with exterior windows. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time if you wish to further discuss your stay, or any future stays. You can reach me at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com or by phone at 831-458-9898.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We loved Santa Cruz and this hotel is located centrally and easy to get to all the attractions we wanted to see. We used the hotel as a base to explore local attractions as well as day trips to Monterey and San Fran. Good hotel with excellent rooms and staff. We will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAS95060, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for your review! Our location is ideal as a central base for people wanting to explore the Bay Area. With San Francisco only about 2 hours north, and Monterey only about an hour south, we are in the perfect city to spend your evenings as your spend your days seeing all of the nearby sights. I’m glad to hear you’ll be joining us again. See you soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed in a two room suite. The carpet needs to be replaced. Drawers don't open and close very well. The t.v. stand is designed for a tube t.v. that is not present but has a flat screen on top; the empty hole for the tube t.v. looked ugly. The ventilation is designed to move air from one room to the next and isn't very effective.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I will forward your comments to ownership so that we can look into replacing the carpets and entertainment centers. If you want to contact me and let me know what room you were in, I will have my maintenance department check on the ventilation system, and I thank you for bringing this to my attention! You can reach me anytime at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com or by phone at 831-458-9898.