Best Western Plus All Suites Inn
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$130
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
$259
$251
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
$310
$239
  • Pool
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$238
$219
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
$163
Hilton.com
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$299
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$125
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$204
$165
Agoda.com
All reviewsparking garagewafflessitting roombest westernssofa bedsleeping areafree breakfastbreakfast areastreet noiseking suitelarge roomdefinitely stay here againjacuzzi tubclose to downtownbeds were comfortablebeach boardwalkone night stay
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Spent 4 nights here and was very happy. This hotel was very clean which is always my number ONE priority. The staff was very helpful. I kept having to have my keycard reinstated because I did not know that my cellphone was erasing it. If and when I go back to Santa Cruz I will stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAS95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us such a fantastic review! We take pride in our clean hotel and friendly helpful staff, and it shows! We can’t wait to see you again next time you’re in town to visit your son.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Among this property's strengths is free basement parking, a varied breakfast, internet access including 2 available computers, and a good location. The hotel rate was good if one obtains the
prepaid internet rate. The four of us had two rooms, one of which had handicapped facilities.
We found the room decor to be very dated. The bathrooms had a musty odor. There was inadequate/absent counter space in the bathroom. Curiously, the large towels were no where in reach of the shower in the bathroom with handicapped facilities. The bed was not especially comfortable. Noise from the room above could be heard at times making the recommendation for
an upper floor room away from the street, elevator, and ice machine good advice. If the rooms were more thoughtfully remodeled, only then could I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2Bruce

I appreciate your taking the time to leave a review! We are in the process of a huge renovation right now, and a lot of the issues you addressed will be part of the many changes we are making to our rooms and public areas. I will also talk to my housekeeping manager, as none of our rooms should have a musty smell upon arrival. Unfortunately, as a multi-level property, sometimes you will hear noise from the other guests above or around you. If the noise reaches a level which disturbs your stay, we always request that you contact the front desk so that we can address the issue immediately. I hope that you come back after our renovations are complete, I would be glad to show you all of the changes we have made!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I searched quite awhile for a good hotel in Santa Cruz that specifically had a suite with a room for the kids and a room for the adults. It's not always easy to find but we settled on the Best Western Plus All Suites Hotel. It's true, they do have all suites and we ended up with one that even had a door to separate the rooms, although I think we were in a handicapped suite, leaving much less counter space in the bathroom. The room was fine. It was clean and had two windows to see outside. The breakfast was average but the bacon wasn't good, I'd even call it terrible. I did notify the front desk and she was more than willing to notify management so that was good enough for me. The spa was big and hot, no complaints there after a long day at the beach. The staff were more than friendly so they do a good job of keeping their guests happy. They are re-modeling the entire hotel so it will be ready by summer and the good news was none of the re-modeling was loud or affecting us in any way. They took great pains to keep the re-modeling as out of sight as possible. We were about a 20-30 minute walk to the Boardwalk, depending on how many little ones you have! Overall we were happy with the hotel and once it's re-modeled, I'd bet it will earn a 4-star rating.

Room Tip: Room 224 was at the end of the hall, away from the atrium and had 1 neighbor. But it was next to the street so traffic started around 6 am, if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
BWAS95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of our property! I'm very pleased to know that the renovation did not impact your stay, and that our staff were all friendly and helpful to you. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your sharing those details with the Tripadvisor community! We were advised that you weren't pleased with the bacon, and are looking into alternatives for the future. You're absolutely right about the walk to the beach, with several children and all of the accessories needed, it can be an ordeal. Thankfully Santa Cruz provides a trolley from Memorial Day to Labor Day which leaves from Downtown Santa Cruz (about a 5 minute walk, less than a half-mile) to the beach for only a quarter per person. Perhaps next time you're in town you'll be able to take advantage of the trolley. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here to visit a family member we hadn't seen for years. The person who checked us in was FABULOUS! She was so engaged, and professional. She was so great it just made an impact on us. We laughed because they have a "party" policy - we had never seen anything like it before. Guess it is that kind of town... our room was clean, bed was comfy (my rule #1 for a good rating!) and breakfast was better than any other BW I have stayed. Variety, fresh, and clean. Walk-able to the main shopping street and water.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAS95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Wow, what a great review! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I’m not sure who your check-in agent was, but that’s mostly because all of our front desk agents are FABULOUS! We really appreciate your review of our property. That party policy really throws people for a loop sometimes, but we have all of our guests sign it because we want to ensure everyone has a nice quiet night’s sleep. That’s what you booked a hotel room for after all. I’m thrilled to hear that every aspect of your stay was fantastic, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 with 3 small kids loved this all suite hotel. We (sadly) only stayed in Santa Cruz for one night, but this was the best BW hotel and deal we got on our road trip from Seattle to Disneyland. Our 2nd floor room (with 2 q.beds and 1 sofa bed) was clean, the lobby was bright and inviting, and the breakfast with mini-waffles, eggs and more was very good. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014

Thanks so much for your review! We love it when our guests bring their whole family to stay with us. We are definitely a family friendly property, with an Xbox Kinect in the lobby, and board games available at the front desk any time of day or night. I’m so glad to hear that you’ll stay with us again, please don’t hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with future reservations.