“Decent”

Best Western Plus All Suites Inn
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Decent prices, decent breakfast. Good for families as theres something for everybody and you dont have to wake up and go looking for food. Good coffee. Free computer with a printer which was handy for airline checkin.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAS95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm so glad that you found everything to be acceptable, maybe next time you stay we'll be better than "decent" :o) Our hot breakfast really does have something for everyone, no matter what kind of breakfast you like we probably offer some variation. Our business center is a great resource for people who need to print airline boarding passes, directions, or anything else. And our new Book Nook is a nice place to find something to read on that long flight home. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The room air conditioner did not work. Our room is next to a busy intersection and had to listen to traffic all night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The location of the hotel is not close to the boardwalk. We found that driving was the best way to get around. The underground parking was hard to drive in. It seemed that a free breakfast was not worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm so sorry to hear that your air conditioner did not work in your room. Had you brought this to our attention during your stay, any member of staff would have been more than happy to have the maintenance department make any necessary repairs, move you to a room with a working air conditioner, or both. Our location, while being about a mile from the beach and boardwalk, is fairly central, with downtown Santa Cruz just a short 5 minute walk away, and the beach only about a 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive. I apologize that you found our parking lot to be difficult to navigate. As part of our renovation we are looking into solutions for our parking lot to make it easier for future guests. I hope that once our renovation is complete you will be willing to give us another chance the next time you're in the area. Please feel free to contact me directly either at Cindy.McDonald@bprproperties.com or by phone at 831-458-9898 and I will be glad to discuss this, or any future stays with you.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Cindy McDonald was amazing help to us everyday. She printed us out directions and gave us suggestions on sites to see. She always had a smile. The room was always clean, the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was great

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
BWAS95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience of your recent stay with us. Cindy is truly one in a million, and as our Guest Experience Champion she really makes everyone around her smile. Hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Lacey Goldstein

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was not my favorite Best Western. I didn't feel any "plus" to my experience. Underground parking and only one way up to the lobby was not convenient. Unattractive lobby and breakfast area. Stayed in my room more than I would have at other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAS95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize that our property did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of a renovation which will make improvements to all areas of the property including the lobby, breakfast area, parking garage, fitness center, and guest rooms. I hope that once our renovations are complete you give us another change to impress you. If you would like to discuss your stay, or any future stays, please feel free to contact me directly at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com or by phone at 831-458-9898.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was surprised at how bad the hotels/motels were in Santa Cruz. Most of them were very run-down. The Best Western was in pretty good shape but the air conditioner was so noisy in our room. The pull out sofa in living room was really bad and uncomfortable. They provide a decent warm breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
BWAS95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! I'm so sorry that you found your air conditioner to be noisy and your sofa-bed to be uncomfortable. If you'd like to contact me directly and let me know which room you were in, I will be more than happy to have my maintenance department check that unit so that future guests don't experience the same issue. Feel free to call me anytime at 831-458-9898 or by email at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a great night's sleep here. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was quiet. The hotel is in the center of town, pretty close to everything. We had a two room suite (at a very good price, since it was the off-season), and were very pleased with it. The second room had a couch, table, tv, etc., and I think the couch made up into a bed, though we did not need it. Everything was clean. We had a bit of trouble getting the remote to work on the tv, and the water pressure in the shower was low, but I think the water pressure is an issue in this area most of the time. The breakfast was fine: scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal, rolls, fruit, yogurt, etc., and the dining area was convenient and roomy. Staff was pleasant and professional. Not a luxury hotel, but a good value, so I gave it a 5, based on the type of hotel. We will definitely go back there next time we go to Santa Cruz.

1  Thank JaneT013

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! We are pretty centrally located in relation to most of the attractions which bring people to the area, which is a bonus for many of our guests. I'm so pleased that everything in your room met your needs. I'll be sure to pass your compliments to our staff, it's always great to hear we're doing a good job. We'll see you next time you're in the area!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the atmosphere peaceful. We would definitely stay there again. This hotel is one of the nicest Best Westerns I've seen.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tonya R

Thanks so much for your review! I'm so happy that you found our property to be peaceful, clean, and comfortable! Our staff really is amazing and everyone here does their best to make all of our guests feel like family. I'm so happy to be able to share your comments with our entire team at our next meeting! We hope to see you again soon.