“great hotel”

Best Western Plus All Suites Inn
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed July 30, 2013

very nice motel,night clerk was great,housekeepers need to check those little hairs in the tub.other than that love this place. nice continual breakfast.quick check in and out.great internet service.staff was friendly.beds were ok couldn't figure out the jet tub in room but that prouble was me. my daughter and granddaughter really like the otel to.been there twice and would return.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
LGoldstein95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your great review! I'm so happy that you and your family like us enough to come visit us repeatedly. Next time you visit give me a call and I'll walk you through how to use your whirlpool tub correctly. I'll speak to my housekeeping manager about your comments so that future guests don't have the same problem. I hope to see you all again soon!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus All Suites Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were in Santa Cruz Best Western to enjoy a three night stay on 19, 20 and 21st of July. Upon checkin there was a female front desk agent that checked us in. We received the card keys for a room on the ground floor (room 104) and when we entered the room discovered a disgusting strong smoke smell. Especially if you are not a smoker this is extremely unpleasant. We went back to the front desk where we were told that this smell might have come from outside through the window as it's on the ground floor and the entire hotel is non smoking. I know for sure that a smell like that can not come from the outside and might have been a smoking room before. We were switched to a different room on the ground floor next to the gym. A very spacious and clean room with a view into the jacuzzi ( room 127). That night we walked into town and felt unsafe walking in the area around the hotel ; rundown houses and quite a few drunk bums hanging around the streets. We also thought it would be closer to the pier and wharf but this is something we could have figured out ourselves.

The next morning we had breakfasts in the main lobby/ breakfast area. Basic self serve breakfast, consisting out of bread/jam/cereal/bananas/waffles etc. The breakfast area, in specific the chairs were filled with dirty black stains. Not one chair was not covered in dirty stains, we put down newspapers on the chairs and sat down at a wobbly and uneven table. Whoever from the hotel that reads this, throw each and every single chair out and buy some new ones or get them reupholstered. Next morning we decided to take the breakfast back into our rooms to make it more enjoyable and pleasant to eat.

That night we returned from a day trip and discovered that there was not single car spot out car would fit in. This is a two door car that usually does not take up a lot of space. The spots that were available were either taken by one single motorcycle or half taken by other cars. We decided to park in the not designated parking area which still allowed cars to come through. We left a note at our front windshield as well and would inform front desk on this situation. Upon arrival at the front desk we were greeted by a friendly male front desk agent and a not so friendly female front desk agent that had also checked us in. We first told the male agent about the situation and he told us to not worry about it and leave it where it is as long as we are not blocking other cars. The female agent went right against his word and ensured us that we need to find a designated parking spot if not we might risk being towed away and that this parking lot is secured and patrolled by outside police that will hand out tickets or tow. We informed her about the situation and her reply was that hotels in San Francisco charge 50CAD for parking. Overall she seemed like a pretty unfriendly and not very helpful agent.

There were some plusses but definitely some pretty big minuses during our stay at this hotel that can be easily improved.

Room Tip: Don't go with 104= smells like smoke. 127 was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LGoldstein95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I apologize that your stay was not perfect, and will be sure to discuss your comments with the staff. I do want to take a moment to let you know that we are in the process of a major renovation, and one of the very first things we are doing is, in fact, throwing out all of the breakfast furniture and replacing it with brand new chairs and tables. I hope that next time you are in the Santa Cruz area you give us another chance. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly at Cindy.McDonald@BPRProperties.com

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a 2 room suite for our family of 5 and it had plenty of room. We could have used one more chair for sitting around in the livingroom, cuz the bedrooms are in the back of the room. I have no real comments. They did assign us a wrong room when we checked in, but they fixed that even with being sold out. We were very thankful for that. The kids loved the breakfast in the mornings and thought it was cool to make their own waffles. The room was very clean also. Overall we had a really good stay here and would stay here again. No noisy neighbors either.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
LGoldstein95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased to hear that your stay was good and that your family was comfortable. I'll make sure to pass your kind words to the staff at our next meeting. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

While working in Santa Cruz my co-worker and I stayed at this hotel and it was the best choice we could have made. it is a all suite property and the rooms are large and very clean. unlike most places that sweep everything under the bed during your stay they make sure your room is as nice as it was on your first night. there are a couple of newer hotels to choose from I know the front desk staff here is the best in Santa Cruz. they will go the extra mile and beyond to make your stay wonderful. you are treated like a friend that they are always happy to see. when you travel for work like I do it is nice to feel like you are coming home everyday. I will always stay here for work or fun and tell my friends to do the same. keep up the good work and I will see you soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our property! I'm glad to hear that everything exceeded your expectations. We work really hard to make sure that our guests feel like friends, and it's nice to know that it's working. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Toilet didn't work...Old plumbing. Had to use public toilet on 1st floor. Tight parking spaces, unable to angle car into space, or no parking left at 11 pm (after boardwalk closes). Leaky shower. Skylight blinds dirty and crumpled. You look right at it when in bed. only 1 sink for 2 Q room. Staff was nice though.

2  Thank Nicki C

I'm so very sorry that your stay was less than perfect. I will take the time to speak to the entire staff regarding your stay and the issues you encountered. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this review. If you'd like to discuss your stay further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Thank You to the staff for making my trip to the Boardwalk amazing! They had a wii for the kids to play in the lobby, a wonderful lemon and orange infused water waiting in the lobby. They even loaned me and my kids games to play. The fitness center was amazing, offering a steam shower, sauna, cardio machines, and a Jacuzzi. Just minutes away from the beach, it proved to be the perfect location for us to keep our vehicle at while we strolled to the boardwalk and back. I will definitely be returning to this hotel. Thanks again Best Western!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
LGoldstein95060, Guest Experience Champion at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your amazing review! The Xbox Kinect in the lobby is our newest addition to the property and it's proving to be very popular. You and your children were a joy and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

the hotel worked for 1 night, was kid friendly,they even had games to check out and a xbox to play. When a problem came up, they moved us to a different room. The staff was friendly. the hotel needs updating, breakfast was basic. basic/average hotel. ok price for the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to be above average and hope that you give us another chance. You will be glad to hear that we are preparing to do a major renovation including all new lobby furniture and lots of other exciting updates! If you would like to discuss this, or future stays please feel free to contact me directly at any time at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com