My daughter and I stayed here for one night while visiting UC Santa Cruz.
Pros: Woman on phone when booking was very very helpful.
Rooms are large and fairly clean
1. As a single woman traveling with a teenage daughter, I thought the area was a little iffy (at night). My main complaint is the partking garage is not secure. Anyone off the street can enter the garage, access the elevator, travel up to any of the floors and enter the hallways (which have no security door) completely bypassing the lobby and perhaps a watchful eye. I overheard the front desk person tell another guest that there was security in the parking garage all night; perhaps there was, but I was in and out of the garage between 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 and saw no security. I did however see a strange man sitting in his car for all those hours perhaps conducting business (based on observing him). He was also there when I left in the morning. Very odd.
2. The hairdryer in our room didn't work. Went to the front desk to ask for a replacement and they didn't have one. Absurd. Electrical items break all the time; to not have a replacement hair dryer is inexcusable. For this reason alone, I won't stay here again. They also didn't have a bottle opener, nor a table knife to slice a piece of fruit both of which I asked to use during my stay.
3. The parking is terrible. Very small spaces, many of which are for compact cars only. This caused guests with larger cars to take up two spaces, or take up a portion of the space next to them, which left very little room for another car to squeeze in. As I said before, there appeared to be a man conducting business and spending the night in his car.
4. Two TV's in the room, which is nice, but the one in front of the beds is very small and not flat screen. Not a big deal to me as I don't watch much TV, but I found the setup odd and have attached a picture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique lodging experience draws both leisure and business travelers to the BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn. Our entirely non-smoking Santa Cruz, California hotel invites you to enjoy comfortable guestrooms, friendly service, and quality amenities. An ideal location puts guests within one mile of the shops and restaurants of downtown while the beach, which is home to the renowned Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, is less than two miles away. What's more, we're convenient to many other popular attractions, such as the Mystery Spot, Capitola Village, and Roaring Camp Railroads. Wineries, golf courses, state parks, and the University of California at Santa Cruz are also easily accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Best Western + Iniative and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus All Hotel Santa Cruz
- Best Western Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Best Western