All reviews parking garage waffles sitting room sofa bed free breakfast breakfast area king suite street noise large room close to downtown beach boardwalk one night stay hot tub beds were comfortable bw cereal ucsc
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Second stay. We were very pleased with our accomodations. The room was clean and spacious, absolutely nothing to complain about.

The front desk staff, particularly at night, were awesome. They were able to find plates, forks and even a plastic knife for us to enjoy the desert we had brought to the hotel!

We stayed in the back and it was very quiet. If forced to find fault, it was the breakfast. There was a rather large group of teenagers there and the staff could not keep up the demand for the food...

Room tip: The back is much quieter!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and welcome back since this was a repeat visit for you! I will forward on your kind words to my staff, as they truly strive to make this a home away from home for all of our guests. I am sorry that breakfast was not stocked quickly enough, and will work with my team to implement improvements for the future. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012 on our way up highway 1 as a night stop over. The hotel was easy to find and the rooms are large. The bathrooms are on a bit of the small side and we were given a room that faced the main road and the noise of the road and lobby were pretty loud. Average breakfast. I would only recommend this hotel for one night.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I hope you enjoyed your trip down the coast; it really is a beautiful journey! We hope you will keep us in mind if you are ever back in the Santa Cruz area.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed only one night here, but it was a very pleasant experience. The staff were very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for business travel. It was convenient to downtown and easy to find. The continental style breakfast was just enough and the atrium area was very pleasant to sit and enjoy breakfast. I would recommend this place as a convenient, easy and clean hotel.

Room tip: Rooms facing the street can be a bit noisy, but not too bad if you're used to street noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, room and staff. The atrium area we have for our breakfast is truly unique, and it is a very enjoyable place to be. Thanks for highlighting it in your review! We look forward to seeing you next time your business travel needs bring you to the Santa Cruz area.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The location was good and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Otherwise it did not live up to my expectations at all. The furniture and carpets were dirty. The door latch was broken and you could not avoid being cut by it. How can a motel whose rooms are not suites be called "All Suites".

1  Thank snovato

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, and would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Feel free to email me at time at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com

Thanks,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I think the easiest way to sum my stay up is the good vs bad, then sum up my experience. With that said...

GOOD: Great location, blocks near Santa Cruz's beach boutiquey shopping escapes-good ambiance and very artisan downtown. Spacious large rooms. You can really just let down because there's plenty of room to loathe. Somewhat modern appearance. They bed has the multisheet with accented bed pillow and throw going on. Big sturdy stained furniture and a designed sofa couch as your lounge. Bonus like-mini fridge and microwave in your room and if you have the couch room, 2 TVS to accommodate difference boobtube interests. No flat screens though, that's the not modern area. Bathrooms are big, eye catching, with quality brand named toiletries you know (Pantene shampoo/conditioner, Vaseline lotion). Couch in separate quarters without the bed. It's a sofa couch that is separated from the bed area by the bathroom, almost a studio apt feel. Free Breakfast! Not bad to have to spend extra for breakfast food somewhere else when someone provides it for you daily. Loved their waffles, make them golden brown and crunchy, yet fluffy in the inside. And a little more than just continental including bacon, eggs, oatmeal, juice assortments, pastry assortments, yogurt and cereal assortments. Business center available. Fitness center available. Jacuzzi and hot sauna available. Guest garage. If its not busy you are assured a spot where not worrying about parking a block or two away is such a relief. Complimentary paper, Internet, beverages around for your comfort and convenience.

BAD: Depending who you deal with, front desk can be very unprofessional and unhelpful...particularly nightshift. She's blond, wears big earrings and ditszy, and you could tell she's waiting for you to get out of her hair so she can return back to her uninterrupted break.
Oh and she doesn't smile either. Dirt marks. I'm thinking the hotel is really old and has not hired a company to shampoo or deep clean their upholstered furniture, or they bought second Han used hotel furniture from another hotel closing down. EVERY CHAIR I sat on had a stain. Either a dark dirt mark or a whitish who what eww I don't want to guess mark somewhere on the fabric. Thats really disgusting and turned me off a couple notches down. Espcially in the lobby near the fire place, they have bright big lounge couches that you want to sit on but as you go closer to see the stand out dirt marks that kinda makale you wanna pull out a couple hanky or towels out so you can place on top of the seat before placing your head or bottom on! Beds were okay. Looks nice but no pillow tip so you may have a back ache in the morning. Furniture was dusty upon check in. Housekeeping, please include dusting rooms before vacuuming and maybe a quick polish here and there because when theres dust, there dust mites!! If you have allergies BEWARE!! If you turn the fan on, they will attack. No pool!! From the the front, hotel looks pretty big. And from a town that could get hit during summertime you'd think they'd have or pool. Or a decent water oasis to enjoy on top of the the other amenities but NO. They do have a hot tub that us 3 1/2 feet deep that fits about 8-10 people. If you have little kids and no one else is in there it can be a little pool for them. TV is outdated. Uneven temp in lounge area than bed area. Despite the fan being on, it's stil warmer in the couch area that'll leave you sleeping in your undies if you're bunking there. Breakfast had some dings, cheap microwave bacon gave me a bad stomach ache. Egg beater scrambles were over beat and cooked. Hard boil eggs had shell bits on an lint hairs, be careful. Bananas were green, their not even edible yet so why place them out.

SUMMARY: I guess if you want to sleep in a franchised well known hotel that's 3 stars with a 3 star price, hopefullyanagement can fix the 2 star items and listen to what can improve their overall quality, comfort and repor with travelers. I wouldn't mind coming back but if I did within a years time and it still stayed the same, let me advise that there are hotels more exceptional than here that are priced the rate that can be more choosable over this.

Date of stay: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed the room, and all of its amenities. We are currently in the process of updating all of the in room TV’s to be 37” Flat Screens and this will be done in the next month or so. I am sorry you had several negative experiences with our staff, breakfast, and housekeeping and would love the opportunity to discuss these items further with you. I would love to have you back at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me at any time at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com