Torch Lite Inn
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$180
ComfortInn
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
QualityInn
$349
$339
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$175
$152
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$181
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$239
Autograph
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$182
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$208
$164
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
$439
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My sister has a bad knee, so we stayed on the ground floor, room 104. DO NOT stay in this room unless you like being bothered by dirty homeless people scrounging through the garbage can at all hours and drinking from the water fountain right outside the door!
The pool looked nice though we did not try it. After checking in about 4pm, I walked out to the room and was nearly assaulted by a homeless guy who came around the corner of the building quickly and almost knocked me down. He came from the ice machine (also right outside of my room) and proceeded to fill his Gatorade bottle with water from the drinking fountain. He left the Gatorade bottle in the fountain, and started digging through the trash. The guy from the motel came out and told him to leave and the guy said he was staying there but had lost his receipt...right...the man told him to leave and he finally did. The room was decent and clean enough. The bed comfy. ONE more complaint is that the windows slider/screen wasn't fit properly and the locking mechanism for the window was not safe. It locked into a piece of vinyl, which with any force would open right up.

Next morning when I went out to get the continental breakfast-which was right outside of my room, there was another homeless guy sitting on his bike and drinking from the fountain. He did not meet my eye. I walked back and he was still there so I went to tell the management. They said we haven't seen anyone and I said I would never stay on the bottom floor or that room ever again. As I walked back by the breakfast room, the bike was outside the door and the guy was getting as cup of coffee, then I watched him ride off. I later saw him on the wharf digging through a garbage can outside of a restaurant.

The continental breakfast was adequate. There was nukem oatmeal (which is usually what I eat) and raisin toast, Thomas's English muffins (wowzers), oranges, apples, cereal, nasty coffee and espresso, and REAL Nutella!

For the price I did not expect much, so I was not really disappointed with the place. They do need to do a better job of keeping out the street life from the place.

Room Tip: Do not stay on bottom floor and if you do, stay to the area on the "inside", and nowhere near the ice machine. The bottom floor near the ice machine is unsecured and street people come in there and use the ice machine and dig through the garbage at all hours.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not the best place but for one night it was a place to rest.The room was ok nice clean sheets,flat screen TV,coffee maker,on the other hand the bathroom was not good.
The women on reception was really helpfull and pelite.Breakfast was hit and miss.
Not a good neighborhood didn't feel particular safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived in the daytime, the staff were not very welcoming, rooms were clean, but old, the towels should be replaced, we were given a room key to a room that already had people in it. The walls and ceilings were grungy but bathroom clean. The neighbourhood was rough and not the best for a family to stay. There was a stabbing at the hotel across the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josh R
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I travel all over the world for work and leisure regularly, am a proffesional, and have never been treated so abusively by someone who claimed they were the manager. I arrived at the Torch Lite Inn to check-in, and the manager couldn't find our reservation. I gave him my confirmation #, as well as how much was quoted to me over the phone that would be charged to my card. He immediately became extremely defensive and angry and was insisting that I had made a mistake and didnt have a reservation there. I showed him my caller id, of the exact time and date that I had called and made the reservation, and confirmed the price quoted to me by the reservationist Erica. I than said there has obviously been a mistake by the reservationist and I asked if there was anything we could do to work out the situation, he rudely said no, go away. I asked if they had any rooms available, and he said if we could show that we had been charged he would give us a room for free. I called back the next day to verify when they charge the card and they explained it wasn't until you check in. Calmly, I asked if I could speak with his supervisor and he told me to come back next month. I than asked if I could have his name and an e-mail address or contact # of whomever I could send in a complaint. He said he was the manager and the only person I could discuss the issue with was him and he started to laugh and say his name was Sam, and waved his hand and told me to "[--]". He tried to scare me by saying if I didnt leave immediately he would call the cops. I told him to call them please.
I asked him again for his infomation and said I would take a picture if he refused as whomever owns the hotel needs to know this is how clientel is being treated.
I snapped his picture as I left, as clearly we wouldn't have been safe if we choose to stay there anyway. Any one considering staying here I would suggest you choose one of the many other options in the area, that have great service and the same if not lower prices. You clearly can't guarantee you'll have a room upon your arrival, nevermind the way you will be treated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Summerboatgirl
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel (motel with two levels and 3 wings) was about 400 yds. from the boardwalk. On a corner where 3 roads intersect.
The room was clean and comfortable with good beds, Coffee making machine, TV, fridge, table in room. A Warm water outdoor pool. Ample parking space and inhouse breakfast, which was reasonable (juices, coffee, chocolate, cornflakes, muffins).
July 2013 in summer high season yet we popped in and got a room at 118.89$. The place was full but it was not noisy.
Close to downtown dining area.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room close to the pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple