Pacific Inn Santa Cruz
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$119
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$172
$149
Hilton.com
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$287
$259
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$108
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$119
$104
BestWestern.com
$109
$106
Hampton Inn Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$226
$179
Hampton.com
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
QualityInn
The Islander Motel(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$70
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$161
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We went to see the Eddie Money concert in Santa Cruz on 08/26/2011 and we knew we would be spending the night so I found Pacific Inn on Google. After I reserved the hotel, I was unsure because I read the reviews afterward. I told my husband about some of the reviews but by the time we wanted to cancel, it was too late according to their cancellation policy that we had read. So we kept our reservation and boy, I am glad we did not change. This was such a cozy place to stay. It was nice and clean. I expected to smell curry or see garbage as other people had posted on their review but there was nothing like that. The rooms were very nice and spacey, for us. The continental breakfast was great, there was more than enough food, coffee, fruits. It was great. And the best thing is that there are two stores across the street, 7-11 and a Mercado just in case you want to grab snacks, soda or a bottle of wine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HappyCamper70x7
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting colleges in the area. It was clean, well maintained, comfortable beds, nice hot shower, fridge in the room, WIFI. It was much better than we expected for $80-$90 per night. We had a rental car, so we had very close proximity to the downtown and boardwalk areas. Did not try the pool or hot tub, so cant speak to those amenities. The staff was very gracious and helpful. I had to cancel one of our days because of a flight cancellation and they couldn't have been nicer about it. I gave them several days notice and they took care of it without any trouble at all. And this place has the best breakfast I have ever had in the "continental breakfast" context. The coffee was great. The danish and rolls were fresh and warm. AND the owner or manager baked bread for us. Two or three kinds each morning. Fresh baked bread. Raisins, honey..... It was delicious. Even the oranges were divine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank fancymoves
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Yes, it is close to the Boardwalk, but the area around the hotel was not a pleasant sight. The hotel itself is charming and unique, but old and in need of some renovation. Our room looked out over the parking lot with the view of migrant housing next door. It was roomy, clean, but dark and in need of some new furnishings. The breakfast was delicious with homemade bread and the staff was very friendly.
I struggled between poor and average rating, but just too many problems to call it average. Also, I think the price was too high for the quality of the room. The night before, we stayed at a hotel in a large room with a harbor view for $40 less than this one.
Not the right place for us.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front probably have street noise. We were in Room 105. Maybe the opposite side is better.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CA2wheels
pacificinnsantacruz, Webmaster at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pacific Inn Santa Cruz for your recent stay in our area.

• Breakfast staff was informed of the nice things you said about them and their production.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I had made reservations for June 11th and June 12th, 2011. We received our confirmation with no problem. It stated if a room was cancelled within 2 days of arrival, no fee would be charged. Unfortunately I did need to cancel the night of June 12th. Following all the outlined procedures I received an e-mail stating that it would not be possible to cancel that night. Because of that weekend being a busy time I was told I would need to cancel both of my reserved nights. That is not what my confirmed reservation stated, a complete change of policy was given. I tried to cancel on May 21, 2011. That would have given the hotel plenty of time to fill the space reserved. Apparently the printed word from "Booking.com" cannot be trusted.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
pacificinnsantacruz, Webmaster at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pacific Inn Santa Cruz for your recent stay in our area. I am very sorry for the problems which you encountered.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following step was taken:

• Registration staff was contacted and received extra training in seeing to it that reservation arrangements are the same whether made online, phone or in person and that they are honored.

I hope that the next time you stay in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

We booked many budget hotels via booking.com, and this one was definitely the best until now! The guy at the front desk was so nice! He gave us many good advices about things to do in Santa Cruz. The breakfast was very good...all the bread was home made and extremely fresh. The banana bread was delicious!
Rooms are clean, have king size beds, and free WiFi.
The hot tub and pool were great as well.
I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great hotel at a good location for a fair price!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple