“Surprisingly dissappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stagnaro Bros Seafood

Stagnaro Bros Seafood
Ranked #8 of 368 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
El Dorado Hills, California
“Surprisingly dissappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had done my restaurant reviews prior to visiting Santa Cruz and was determined to eat at Stagnaro's. To get to Stagnaro's Restaurant we passed other seafood restaurants that just smelled of good food. At Stagnaro's we were quickly seated in an area off the main restaurant with little to no ambiance. The server was prompt and polite. Having just spent a weekend in Seattle and Tacoma, WA, I wanted to see how their clam chowder and crab cakes would compare? I've gotten better clam chowder out of a can; it was mediocre at best. The crab cakes were dry. My wife's fish and chips were tasteless but abundant. Quantity not quality was there focus. Not impressed at all by the dining event.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Santa Cruz, CA
“Old favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Took our little grandchildren here for dinner, ages 3 and 5. Hostess sat us near the big fish tank. Great idea...but then it felt like they forgot us. No offer of booster seats. Sat for about ten mins without service. We did ask for water ( which was fine) but they brought the kids their water in pint glasses, and then I asked for straws for them. I am now thinking, I love coming here as an adult, and I know this is a family restaurant but kid service was poor. The salads were great but the kids grilled cheese was very dry...did I mention we got here at 5:45??? I will be back for lunch with my girlfriends. There are other places that I will take the Grandkids on this wharf.

• Visited February 2014
Half Moon Bay, California
“Stagnaro's restaurant < Santa Cruz wharf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

You upstairs ( outside)) Atmosphere and Location were great!! end of the Pier . I sat upstairs outside( at night )overlooking the harbor lights and listening to the sea lions bark.

Staff was very accommodating. Richard ( server)went out of his way to make sure all went well. Put on an outside heater for me :)

Food was great!! ..The Italian owner ship/ w seafood based was apparent ..Examples: Cioppino, Fish stew over Polenta, Mixed shell fish in a wine broth w sourdough bread on the side and soup or chowder salad included.

Prices were very reasonable for this location. and parking is validated ..

Visited January 2014
Chico, California
“Almost at the end of the good Santa Cruz Wharf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our family has been going to this restaurant for years. Eat the fish that is fresh as it it great. Good clam chowder and many different fish choices. My parents used to always split the fish and chips plate which comes with different kinds of breaded fish and is yummy! We got the fish sandwich this time which wasn't big enough to split so order your own and the fish was really good. Casual atmosphere but views of the ocean, surfers, and waves. Upstairs they have very historic photos our favorite a 52 Chevy on the boardwalk which is the car my dad used to own. The upstairs also has seating areas with great views.

• Visited January 2014
Boise, Idaho
“BEST Bloody Mary .... EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

During a weekend getaway to Santa Clara, we drove over to Santa Cruz to visit the delightful coastal town. We walked out on the pier and stopped in at Stagnaro Brothers for a bite to eat and a drink. We went upstairs and were waited on by Lindsey who had a super sense of humor and was extremely polite and efficient. She did make the best Bloody Mary we've ever had -- the mix had horseradish, Worcestershire Sauce, pepper, V-8 juice, and more! It all combined to make the drink taste a little like a shrimp cocktail.
Speaking of shrimp, she the topped the drink with some scrumptious shrimp that made others jealous that they didn't order a Bloody Mary! We also had some of their chili lime prawn tacos and a plate of fries -- it was just enough to fill us up. The view was great also as we watched the waves bring surfers and SUPers toward the cliffs.
I certainly recommend Stagnaro Brothers when you're in Santa Cruz -- you won't be disappointed!!

• Visited January 2014