All reviewsfridge and microwavewould stay againstayed here for one nightfelt safetwo queen bedsfree parkingnice stayboardwalk
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hotel is not a five star for sure. BUT Rooms are clean! And I felt safe. So for the one night I spent there I think it was fine. I wasnt on vacation, just needed a place to sleep. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Breakfast wasn't spectacular but did the job. Too expensive for being so basic but it is close to the boardwalk about 5 minute walk, maybe that's why. One thing the room is not up to date. It has chipping furniture and old, old drapes. But again for a one night stay I can complain, well Only about the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We got this room via priceline. It's a couple blocks from the boardwalk. It's an older remodeled motel, but clean comfy new beds, strong hot shower, and has a fridge and microwave. We stayed in a room that had a king bed and a queen bed that were seperated by the bathroom. It was a suite. We loved it and would stay again. The only thing was breakfast isn't open until 8:30. We didn't care, others might.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank travelinthrutowns
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night, and got a great walk in rate with voucher. I suppose if you keep in mind that this is basic budget accommodation, you will not be disappointed.

Sure, the room was very tired, and the furnishings really have seen better days. There is a prevalent smell of must in the room. No fridge in room, and a charge for ice. New toilets were fitted, but the plumber forgot to measure the distance to the bathroom door....and cut a notch out of the door to ensure it closes! But..... and here is the but...... the room is really very clean. The towels were clean and fluffy, the shower was powerful and hot, good selection of toiletries, and the free Wi-Fi was the fastest we came across on our trip.

So, although this motel was not exactly to our expectations, it does offer clean and cheap accommodation, and if you are looking to stay somewhere close to the beach with free parking, you should definitely consider this property.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ostan14
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently did a road trip around California. We were on a budget and opted for cheap and cheerful accommodation; somewhere to put our heads down for a night or 2. We appreciate that you get what you pay for and so would have been happy as long as it was clean and functional.

This room fitted the bill; it wasn't badly priced at £50 a night. The staff were friendly and the hotel room clean. It's only a short walk to the main boardwalk.

The only downsides were that it was very out dated and the breakfast was quite basic. But for the price we couldn't really complain and were over all very happy with our stay and wouldn't hesitate staying again if we were to return to Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny J
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a very quaint, older motel. Room 125 was a king room, equipped with a kitchenette. It reminded me of many motels used when I was a child. Very clean, near the beach and boardwalk.
The parking is limited, but the price was worth staying. We paiud $79.00 for a weeknight stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family